- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 09/03/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/16/2021
Terms of Reference for Short-Term Consultancy
Call for Applications for OPDs Capacity Building Training Manual Development
The Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD) is a consortium of disabled people organizations in Ethiopia established in 1996 and re-registered as a consortium in August 2019 under proclamation No. 1113/2019 by the Agency for Civil Society Organizations bearing registration number 1511. Though FEAPD used to be called FENAPD and was constituted only by national associations of persons with disabilities, recently, it has widened its organizational structure and has by now constitutes 21 disability associations including associations of persons with disabilities from all regional states. The vision of FEAPD is to see a disability inclusive socio-economic environment in Ethiopia and also its mission is to help persons with disabilities (PWDs) in averting disability related problems and improve their lives.
Currently, the Federation of Ethiopian Associations of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD), received funding from Light for the World (LFTW) to implement a one year project entitled as
“Empowering FEAPD and its members in creating Disability Inclusive Society in Ethiopia”. The main objective of the project is to influence the government to implement disability inclusive programs and fulfil the rights of persons with disabilities through strengthening the capacity of FEAPD and its member organizations OPDs (Organizations of persons with disabilities). And also enhancing disability awareness is one of the mechanisms we use to influence the government in implementing disability inclusive programs and the rationale of this assignment emanates from this influencing mechanism.
- Objective of the assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop training manual that will be used to provide training of trainers (ToT), for experts and officers in respective government organizations and also community members. This manual will be used to build the capacity of the OPDs so that they can influence the government and actors in implementing disability inclusive programs
- Scope of Work
This manual will be used in current programming and for over the next five years to ensure the full and effective OPDs capacity building
To prepare the disability inclusion training manual, the consultant(s) are expected to propose a comprehensive and effective methodology that enables them to produce high quality, comprehensive, and practical deliverables.
The consultant will be expected to submit the following deliverables:
- Submit an inception plan or approach to develop the disability inclusion training manual.
- Collect relevant documents and analyze for the development of disability inclusion training manual
- Prepare and submit a draft report of the disability inclusion training manual for approval/validation.
- A PowerPoint presentation to be used during the validation workshops.
- Take and incorporate the necessary feedback given by the team during the validation workshop in relation to the disability inclusion training manual.
- Submit the final training manual both in hard and soft copy to FEAPD.
- Duration of the Assignment
The comprehensive disability inclusion training manual must be completed within fifteen (15) days from signing of the contract. The validation workshop will be organized after the submission of the draft manual and will not count within the duration.
- Location of the Assignment
The consultant/s will be expected to work from their convenient location. Nonetheless, the consultant(s) are expected to gather data from all concerned bodies at national and regional levels or from concerned sectoral offices.
- Minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields of study. Specialization on disability rights is an added advantage.
- Proven experiences in manual development
- Excellent understanding of Disability and legal frameworks related with disability
- Experiences of working with Organizations of Persons with Disabilities
- Able to design the manual applying various learning methodologies
- How to Apply
- Technical proposals should be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
- Financial proposals must be submitted in Microsoft Excel document.
- The financial proposal should indicate all professional and admin costs in detail
- All required documents must be zipped in one folder before submission
- Subject line of the application e-mail must be: “Application to Comprehensive Disability Understanding Training Manual Development”
Federation of Ethiopian Association of Persons with Disabilities (FEAPD) has the right to:
- Contact any or all references supplied by the applicant(s);
- Request additional supporting or supplementary data (from the applicant(s);
- Arrange interviews with the applicant(s);
- Reject any or all proposals submitted;
- Accept any proposals in whole or in part;
- Negotiate with the service provider(s) who has/have attained the best rating/ranking, i.e. the one(s) providing the overall best value proposal(s);
- Contract any number of candidates as required to achieve the overall objectives
C) Evaluation Criteria
After the bid opening, each proposal will be assessed first on its quality, technical quality (70%) and financial proposal (30%). Technical proposal score must be above 50% in order to open financial proposal. The proposal with the best overall value, composed of technical merit and price, will be considered for final approval. FEAPD uses its procurement committee to lead the overall process review and evaluate bids and make a decision based on the criteria listed.
d) Application procedure
In response to this request, interested applicants should submit:
- Trade registration and consultancy license
- Tax payer identity ( TIN) registration certificate
- VAT(value added tax) registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate from concerned revenue office
- Certificate for best performance in similar assignments
- Application letter
- Technical Proposal in MS Word Format (in English)
- Resume or Company Profile
- Financial proposal with detailed cost breakdown (should be separate from technical proposal and must be in Microsoft Excel).
- Copy of highest educational qualification earned (degree/diploma)
- Any application that doesn’t include any one of the above requirements and does NOT adhere to the application information under paragraph 10 will be disqualified.
Individual(s), organizations, associations, or companies are eligible to apply for this consultancy service.
f) Applications must be submitted to:
g) Application Deadline
Applicants should email their proposal (technical and financial) to email@example.com with the relevant information detailed in technical and financial section of a proposal. The subject of the email should say “Disability understanding training manual”. Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM on September 16.
Please email all requests for clarification to: — before the end of the application deadline.