GIZ’s Special Initiative for Training and Job creation (GIZ-SI Job – Ago-Processing component) project invites Interested entrepreneurs
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/13/2021
- E-mail : Selome.email@example.com
- Phone Number : 0939281316
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 10/31/2021
Call for Application
GIZ’s Special Initiative for Training and Job creation (GIZ-SI Job – Ago-Processing component) project in Ethiopia is implementing a program that promote Business in Agro-business processing sector to record growth of job creation. Supporting Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) engaged in the agribusiness sector through Grant Scheme is one area of support identified by the GIZ-SI job program. Currently the program is supporting more than 25 SMEs and plans to add four (4) SMEs to provide management training and equipment.
The overall objective is the Creation of Jobs by investing grants into capacities in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Ethiopia. Specifically, the Grant Scheme targets an improved market position of SMEs by supporting product quality and diversification, market linkages and financial sustainability.
Eligibility Criteria of the Applicant (SMEs)
In general, only Small and Medium Enterprises are eligible for this grant. Specifically, the following applicant’s eligibility criteria must be proved/justified by official, statutory and/or institutional documents.
- Be a legal person (not a natural person considered as a human being),
- Be a national of Ethiopia,
- Be at least legally 2 years old in the mentioned field of expertise,
- Have one million or over sales in the last financial year and
- Be a privately owned SME (not state-owned SMEs) registered under the relevant Trade Registration and Licencing Act in Ethiopia.
- Eligible SMEs must present a winning business opportunity/proposal that can create a minimum of 15 jobs/year for the next two years.
The grant may include the following services and has a maximum value of 1,500,000 Birr:
- Mandatory coaching program on business strategies covering Strategic Plan Development, Sales & Distribution Strategy, Organizational Development/ HR Strategy, Production Efficiency Strategy/ Supply Chain Analysis. Coaching and training will be organized and structured by the Invest for Jobs Scheme and may include individual as well as in cluster.
- Individual consultancy in technical fields like product quality improvement, market development or financial counselling support as requested by the applicant
- Purchase of machineries for individual SME. The support to purchase machinery to improve the market competitiveness of a SME is bind to a 20% contribution of the benefiting SME. The total value of the machinery cannot exceed 530,000 Birr.
Interested entrepreneurs must present their winning investment idea for job creation, including a description of the product, the market and required support based on the standard application form prepared by the program until October 31. 2021. The application must be in English and typed. Application and other forms can be requested either by E-mail or phone call to the below address:
Name: Selome Melese, email- Selome.firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone: 0939 28 13 16
Etbarek Gebremedhin, email- email@example.com, Phone 0912 4030 55