Action Against Hunger (AAH)/ACF want to buy the below specified food commodities as an emergency response project funded by Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA),
- Category : Food Items Supply
- Posted Date : 10/23/2021
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/03/2021
ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
Invitation to bid for the supply of different food commodities
Action Against Hunger (AAH)/ACF is an International, Non-Governmental humanitarian Organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger through implementing relief and development programs in different regions of Ethiopia since 1985. Action Against Hunger has registered with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Charity and Society Agency under registration No. 0032.
Currently ACF want to buy the below specified food commodities as an emergency response project funded by Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), CDCS (the Humanitarian Affairs Department of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs) for conflict affected communities in the northern part of the country.
2. Specification of food commodities
- These specifications describe the requirements for goods. Bidders are requested to submit with their offers the detailed specifications for the products that they intend to supply
- Bidders must indicate on the specifications sheets whether the commodity offered comply with each specified requirement.
- The bidders are requested to present information along with their offers with the delivery period of each commodity.
- AAH requires the following commodities:
|S/N||Description of Items||Unit||Total Quantity||Packaging and Specification|
|Wheat Flour||Quintal||5,000||25 Kg per bag|
|Split Peas||Quintal||500||5Kg per bag|
|3||Vegetable Oil (Sunflower)||Liter||50,000||5 Liters per
White/translucent plastic container
|4||Iodized salt||Quintal||50||½ Kg per bag|
AAH technical team will inspect the commodity at the supplier’s premises and an inspection certificate issued thereafter before transporting to final destination. The technical team shall state that the food commodities meet the following specifications.
· No spillage; bag must be clean, dry, undamaged and firmly sewn.
· Freshly produced; At least 6 months from production and delivery
· Product must be fit for human consumption and be of sound, fair and marketable quality.
· Free from abnormal flavor/odor; No living insects/pests, Delivered goods to be according to approved sample.
Bidders hereby acknowledges and understands that the actual quantities for which they will perform the scope of work may be more or less than those set forth above.
3. Primary package label
- Product Name
- Name and Address of Supplier
- Country of produce:
- Batch number.
- Packaging date.
- Shelf Life/Best if Used by Date.
- Net wet and Bag dimensions.
- Contract Number and the statement “NOT TO BE SOLD OR EXCHANGED”.
4. Instruction to bidders
- This Invitation for Tenders is open to all bidders/vendors eligible. Successful bidders shall complete the supply of the specified commodities by the intended completion date
- The Bidder shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of his/her tender, and ACF, will not be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the tendering process.
- The Bidder is expected to examine all instructions, forms, terms, and specifications in the tender documents. Failure to furnish all information required by the tender documents or to submit a tender not substantially responsive to the tender documents in every respect will be at the bidders risk and may result in the rejection of its tender.
- The bidder shall indicate the appropriate unit prices and total tender price of the goods it proposes to supply under the contract
- Prices quoted by the tender shall be fixed during the Tender’s performance and AAH will sign fixed priced contracts with the selected bidder/s.
- The validity period of the tender shall be 10 days from the date of opening of the tender.
5. Deadline for Submission of Tenders
- Tenders must be received by ACF at the address specified below not later than November 3/2021 at 5:00 PM.
- AAH may, at its discretion, extend this deadline for the submission of tenders by amending the tender documents in which case all rights and obligations of the AAH and candidates previously subject to the deadline will therefore be subject to the deadline as extended
- Payment will be made in Ethiopian Birr (ETB) as per Action Against financial rules and payment conditions;
- Interested companies are requested to submit their proposals in hardcopy to the following address;
Action Against Hunger – USA
P.O. Box 2357, Addis Ababa, Bole Sub-City, Woreda 04, H/No. 533
6. Preliminary Assessment
- ACF will examine the tenders to determine whether they are complete, whether any computational errors have been made, whether required sureties have been furnished, whether the documents have been properly signed, and whether the tenders are generally in order.
- Arithmetical errors will be rectified on the following basis. If there is a discrepancy between the unit price and the total price that is obtained by multiplying the unit price and quantify, the unit price shall prevail, and the total price shall be corrected. If the candidate does not accept the correction of the errors, its tender will be rejected. If there is a discrepancy between words and figures the amount in words will prevail
- ACF may waive any minor informality or non-conformity or irregularity in a tender, which does not constitute a material deviation, provided such waiver does not prejudice or effect the relative ranking of any bidder.
- The tender evaluation committee shall evaluate the tender within the validity period from the date of opening the tender.
- A bidder who gives false information in the tender document about its qualification or who refuses to enter into a contract after notification of contract award shall be considered for debarment from participating in future procurement.
7. Award of Contract
- ACF will award the contract to the successful bidder(s)
- ACF reserves the right at the time of contract award to increase or decrease the quantity of goods originally specified in the Schedule of requirements without any change in unit price or other terms and conditions
- ACF reserves the right to accept or reject any tender, and to cancel the tendering process and reject all tenders at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders or any obligation to inform the affected bidder or bidders of the grounds for the ACF’S action.
AAH will undertake a preliminary evaluation and therefore the participating bidders are expected to ensure that:-
- Bidders MUST submit the required number of tenders (one original and one copy).
- Bidders MUST attach a certified copy of valid Registration Certificate.
- Bidders MUST attach a certified copy of valid Business permit / License.
- Bidders MUST attach a certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Registration of Business Name.
- Bidders MUST attach Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the requisite Revenue Authority.
T a x e s
The financial proposal shall include all taxes. All the taxes will be deducted as per the financial laws of Ethiopia
NB: Only those who pass in the Preliminary Evaluation shall proceed to the next stage of evaluation.