MELCA-ETHIOPIA is aiming at inviting a competent consultant or firm
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/23/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number : 0115507172
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/05/2021
Advertisement for consultancy service for the formulation of national Food policy study and knowledge products
- Organizational background
MELCA-ETHIOPIA is an indigenous, non-governmental, not for profit making and secular development organization working for a healthy ecosystem, vibrant culture and improved lives of communities in Ethiopia. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on 14 November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019. MELCA-Ethiopia operates in 7 project offices in 5 regional states (Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz and Gembella.
Ethiopia has put in place a number of national food and nutrition policy and strategies related to food system governance. However, their discrete nature, lack of coherence among other things calls for the formulation of a comprehensive food policy that addresses the multi functional and cross-sectoral nature of food governance. Thus, this call for a proposal is aiming at inviting a competent consultant or firm to submit technical and financial proposals for the formulation of a comprehensive policy framework and associated knowledge products with the intention to create understanding among actors and submit a policy white paper for concerned government body for consideration.
The following are the major outputs:
- Background Ethiopian Food system study (review) document
- National Food system policy white paper to be submitted to the government
- Policy briefs, recommendations
- Proceeding of the Workshops
Requirements for the consultant (s)
- A strong technical background in the fields of sustainable agriculture, environment, soil health, nutritional security , right to food, food sovereignty, and similar food system related subjects
- Sufficient work experience and deep understanding of national and international agreements, initiatives and best practices applicable to Ethiopian Agri-food system, including, access and benefits sharing, equity, diversity, knowledge system, governance arrangements and multi-functionality of food system, etc.
- Having experience in similar undertakings
- Have a renewed legal business license and paid current year government applicable taxes as applicable but individual consultants are also welcomed.
Interested applicants can collect the ToR from or consult with MELCA-Ethiopia head office in 5 working days from the date of this advertisement onwards during regular working hours, from Monday to Friday, at address mentioned below, and submit a technical and financial proposal in separately sealed envelope within 10 working days from the date of the appearance of this request for the proposal. MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Physical Address: In front of Ambassador Theatre, KedaneBeyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6
Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54, P.O.Box 1519 code 1250, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia