General Wingate Polytechnic Collegenow invites eligible Deputy Coordinator (TVET Specialist) Consultants
- Category : Engineering Related Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/28/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number : 0912042025
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/12/2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration (EASTRIP)
Credit No. 6335-ET
Assignment Title: Deputy Coordinator (TVET Specialist)
Reference No. GW/IC/CS/03/2019
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The consulting services (“the Services”) include providing the services Deputy Coordinator (TVET Specialist) for EASTRIP project at General Wingate Polytechnic College.
General Wingate Polytechnic Collegenow invites eligible Deputy Coordinator (TVET Specialist) Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
- SCOPE OF THE WORK/ASSIGNMENT
The Deputy Coordinator (TVET Specialist) will be responsible for overseeing timely implementation of all activities related to preparation and delivery of TVET programmes in Energy sectors identified as EASTRIP focus area for the GWPTC-RFTI. Reporting to the Project Coordinator her/his responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Work closely with and deputize the Coordinator by representing the PIU in her/his absence,
- Provide technical support to the PIU in the accomplishment of TVET related activities included in the Institutional Strategic Investment Plans respectively,
- Provide advice to the PIU on issues related to TVET system: the policy, strategy, frameworks, guidelines and working manuals and make sure activities are carried out accordingly,
- With the support of the PIU staff and the Coordinator ensure regular monitoring of TVET delivery activities at the institute.
- Provide curriculum development support to TVET institutions and their instructors including developing and strengthening levelling courses, as well as courses in the Energy sector.
- Liaison with external consultants and contractors pertaining to any TVET related issue and oversee all deliverables are made at the right time and satisfy the required quality
- Serve as a focal person within the project implementation unit in matters related to TVET and work closely with the GWPTC
- Working with the PIU team to develop a working plan on a quarterly basis in order to ensure efficient use of resources and reduce duplication of efforts,
- Provide advice to PIU and the coordinator on accomplishment of planned institutional capacity building activities,
- Provide technical support with regard to organization of national and regional skills competitions,
- Contribute to the preparation of progress reports as well as realization of semi and annual reviews of EASTRIP,
- Perform any other assignments related to the Project and given by the Coordinator.
Required Skills and Experience
The candidate should have:
- BA/BSc/MA/MSc in Electrical Engineering or relevant Energy Engineering field of study.
- At least 12 year proven experience for BSc/BA holders and 8 years proven experience for MA/MSc holders in teaching, coordinating and supervising Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) activities.
- Conceptual understanding and practical experience of implementation of the Ethiopian TVET strategy as well as Qualification Frameworks.
- Experience on World Bank funded TVET projects are an advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated Jul.2016 and Revised November 2017(“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail within 10 working days after the announcement date before local time 5;00pm.
Interested and qualified consultants may obtain the Terms of Reference for the consultancy assignment from the address provided below.
General Wingate Polytechnic College/ EASTRIP office 1st Floor of Foundation Building
Attn: [ Jemal Mohammed EASTRIP Project Coordinator]
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Mobile phone: +251 912042025