Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invite all interested companies for Business Linkages to Industry Parks between locally based Companies and Industry Parks
- Category : Other Consultancy
- Posted Date : 11/26/2021
- E-mail : Kidist.email@example.com
- Phone Number : 0924066027
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/31/2022
Business Linkages to Industry Parks between locally based Companies and Industry Parks
In line with the Ethiopian Home-Grown Economic Reform, the British and German governments are supporting the country’s pathway towards industrialization through the implementation of a joint project named Sustainable Industrial Clusters (S.I.C.). The project is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH under a co-financing agreement between the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) of the United Kingdom and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). S.I.C. has the objective of fostering job-effective growth while improving social and environmental sustainability in Ethiopia’s manufacturing sector. Within this framework sequa supports business linkages between Ethiopian based textile suppliers and exporters in industry parks.
Through its implementation, the S.I.C. project will contribute to closing the gap between aspirations and results of the industrial park agenda by addressing issues such as business linkages between foreign and domestic firms in Ethiopia’s Textile and Apparel Sector. Having business linkages with enterprises outside of the Industry Parks (IPs) are an essential part of the industrial development, added value and job creation, technology transfer and supply chain enforcement. It presents a substantial business prospect and impact on the local economy.
The project will focus on building capacities of domestic input providers to link with FDIs in Industrial Parks in Ethiopia. Business linkages between foreign and domestic firms will fall under the following categories:
- Tier 1: Fabric supply: knitwear, woven fabric, etc.;
- Tier 2: Accessories (hard and soft), value adding services (wash, print, embroidery, dyeing, etc.), subcontracting;
- Tier 3: Packaging, machines and equipment, technical production services, quality inspection services, maintenance and production supplies, product development and design services, additives and production material supply;
- Tier 4: General services such as transport, security, catering, accounting, labour sourcing services.
The project will initiate 100 business linkages, preferably in tier 1 and 2 categories, between companies in IPs and locally based companies and execute a capacity development program for 25 selected locally based suppliers.
We hereby cordially invite all interested to indicate interest in the project using the following email on a rolling bases by January (31.1.2022), Kidist.firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 00251-924066027.