The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is pleased to invite consultancy firms
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 12/20/2021
- Phone Number : 015512212
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 12/24/2021
Date: Dec 19/2021
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA Ethiopia) is a non-political, non-profit making and non-government organization operating in different parts of Ethiopia in integrated humanitarian and development interventions. Since 2019, ADRA Ethiopia and Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Switzerland (VSF-Suisse) through support and in partnership with ADRA Denmark/DANIDA have been implementing a project entitled Resilience in Horn of Africa (RiHA) in Gode and Adadle woredas of Shebele zone, Somali Region.
In line to this project, ADRA Ethiopia is pleased to invite consultancy firms, legally established & Registered (valid and renewed business license) to operate in the country or qualified freelance to submit their SERVICE PROPOSAL (financial and Physical) to conduct the following two consultancy services in the two RiHA intervention woredas
- Subject of consultancy work: Capacity building training RiHA project staff. The overall objective of this consultancy is to build staff of RiHA on effective report writing and story production skills through developing training modules and delivering trainings. The training from the respective thematic areas equips staff with – and – to answer the ‘5WH’ questions (what, why, who, when, where and how), and helps to strengthen the excellent verbal communication culture through written forms.
Minimum required skills, experience and competencies by the Consultancy:
- a) A minimum of 5 years of prior work experience in the field of training and facilitation to organizations, teams and individuals; b) The consultant should have a minimum of a master’s degree in communication, development fields; social sciences, business field or related field of disciplines; c) Have proven work experience with non-government organizations; d) Knowledge and experience in under taking similar tasks – report writing. writing for impacts, case study and lessons, and participatory methodologies and approaches; e) Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing training curriculum and training materials; f) Experience and/or training in facilitating qualitative and quantitative researches including FGDs, informative interviews, and knowledge of ethical interviewing methodologies; g) Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills in English; h) Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines; i) Good understanding of Somali region, knowledge, language and culture of the area has added value; j) Strong analytical skills, excellent organizational, communication and writing .
2) Subject of Consultancy work: Final Evaluation and lessons of RiHA project. This final evaluation is designed to assess the project against its own stated goals and objectives in the life of the project in a view of developing recommendations for further developments of new project or the guidance of similar projects in the future/RiHA II, providing an analysis of accountability with respect to the use of project fund, drawing key lessons learned to contribute to organizational learning, and enhancing ADRA Ethiopia and VSF Suisse credibility and transparency.
Minimum required qualifications and experience of the consultant firms
- a) A long-term/resilience livelihood program planning and development and implementation and evaluation experience; b) Good understanding of resilience, food security and livelihood programs in pastoral and agro-pastoral community of Ethiopia particularly Somali Region; c) Good understanding of the sustainable livelihood approach and livelihood assessment; d) Academic background in socio-economic development, resilience, food security, livelihood or related; f) Extensive experience in conducting field research and surveys, preferably in pastoral area; g) Strong interviewing and communication skills in a field-based setting; h) Excellent analytical and report writing skills; i) Fluent in spoken and written English; Afar language is an asset; j) Knowledge of the local situations and cultures including language of the area is an added advantage; h) Have renewed license, tax clearance, TIN registration, VAT registration certificate
Those interested in participating in this open call shall collect the Terms of References (ToRs) as of the next date of this announcement. Please, collect during office hours (Mon-Thur. 8:30 am – 5pm) and (Fri 8:30Am – 12pm) only from ADRA Ethiopia Country office (Addis Ababa, at Ras Desta Damitew Road, Seventh Day Adventist Church compound, in front of Gandhi Memorial Hospital). For further inquiries please call +251 15 51 22 12.
The deadline for submission of the proposal (technical and financial) will be in Dec 24/2021 at 12pm (for the training) and Dec 27/2021 at 4pm (for the final evaluation) from the date of this announcement and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Notes: Please make sure that you have the TOR/s before submitting the proposal/s as it has instructions and important notices to be followed.