The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for selection of Suppliers for the below listed items.
- Category : Purchases
- Posted Date : 01/12/2022
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number : 0116457000
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/12/2022
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
International Committee of the Red Cross
Your EOI should be marked with EOI Reference Number indicated above and sent to mentioned address or e-mail address email@example.com on or before the closing date and time.
All EOI, sent to the wrong address, other than the above mentioned and late offers, will be disqualified.
All EOI, submitted after the specified closing date/time, are ineligible.
EOI changes must be received in writing prior to the closing date and must indicate that it is a revised offer.
All EOI received will be held in confidence.
All participating Sellers will be notified of the result of the selection process as soon as it is concluded.
ICRC is not liable to provide any explanation for its final selection of the Supplier.
Expression of Interest (EOI)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and other situations of violence. ICRC hereby invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for selection of Suppliers for the below listed items.
- Item descriptions in detail
|Sr. N°.||Item Description|
|1||Bag travel 55lt|
|2||DRUM, 200L, round, plastic, for drinking water, screw lid|
|3||BATH TOWEL, large, 100% cotton, 140x80cm|
|4||BED SHEETS, white cotton 150g, 2×2.5m, 2 sheets, 2 pillowca.|
|5||BED SHEET, white cotton 150g, 1.5m x 2.5m, 1 sheet|
|6||BED, RIGID FRAME, with battens, 90 x 190 cm, single|
|7||WASTE BIN, plastic 240L|
|8||WASTE BIN, plastic 30L|
|9||WASTE BIN, plastic 18L|
|10||BATTERY, dry cell, alkaline, 1.5V, AAA (LR3), 10.5 x 40.5mm|
|11||BATTERY, dry cell, alkaline, 1.5V, AA (LR6), 14.5 x 50.5mm|
|12||MATTRESS, 0.9mx1.9mx0.15m, HD foam, removable cotton cover|
|13||DIAPER, washable (for newly born babies made from ” abujedi” like material, triangle shape)|
|14||HYGIENIC PADS, normal|
|15||SOAP, Body and Laundry, Unwrapped Multipurpose, 200gm|
|16||SOAP, Body and Laundry, Multipurpose, 250gm|
|17||CLOTH, Children, age 3-4 year, (sweater, T- shirt, Trousers)|
|18||Sun flower Oil|
|20||JERRYCAN, rigid, 20 liters, food grade plastic, screw cap 50 mm|
|21||PILLOW, cotton cover, foam filling, 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.2m|
|22||DRESS, girl, multiple sizes (locally known as “shitty”)|
|23||TROUSER, for men, size L (cotton made)|
|24||PILLOW, cotton cover, foam filling, 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.2m|
|25||UNDERWEAR, woman panties, cotton, size Large|
|26||T-SHIRT, large (round neck, 180 gm, 100 % cotton)|
|27||T-SHIRT, medium (round neck, 180 gm, 100 % cotton)|
|28||BASIN/BOWL, for washing, plastic, cercular, 10L|
- PRE-QUALIFICATION CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF PROSPECTIVE SUPPLIERS
The detailed eligibility criteria are described in the following points and the interested parties meeting all the conditions only need to apply.
- The Applicant should have essential legal documents, and experience in working with other NGOs’ like.
- The Applicant shall have experience of supplying of minimum quantity of respective commodities during the last three financial years directly to the user/beneficiaries.
- In case of domestic supplies, the applicant shall furnish certified copies of purchase orders and original performance certificates from end users (other NGOs’) in support of their credentials.
- The applicant shall keep ICRC indemnified at all times against any claims, liabilities, proceedings etc. from the foreign buyer or otherwise arising out of or in connection with any of the terms and conditions of this EOI.
- The applicant shall submit an affidavit to the effect that it has not been blacklisted, debarred or banned by any government or state agency as on date. Affidavit shall be duly stamped and notarized.
- ICRC is looking for those applicants, which should be a manufacturer specially for those items mentioned in line item number 3-5, 12, 14-22, and 25-30.
- SCOPE OF WORK:
- The selected applicants will form part of ICRC’s panel which will act as back up suppliers for ICRC. ICRC expects to regularly execute contracts of supply with its panel of suppliers. The suppliers will be required to strictly adhere to contractual product specifications and delivery parameters.
- The supplier may also be required to submit 2 % CPO at time of bid invitation.
- Payment terms for each supply will be negotiated on case to case basis between ICRC and the Supplier.
- The selected supplier shall ensure compliance of all government legislations, policies, guidelines, orders etc. related to any or all of the above activities.
- The supplier shall sign and also undertake to abide by the statutory requirements and guidelines of the Ethiopia Government from time to time.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The applicant should not have been debarred/ blacklisted/ banned from doing business and participating in tenders by any Government (Centre or State) /PSU for the mentioned services in Ethiopia or abroad on the date of empanelment. In case of submission of false declaration (found at any stage), such supplier shall be disqualified.
- The Applicant may also be asked to furnish additional information /confirmation in connection with verification of the documents submitted by the Applicant, if deemed necessary, at the sole discretion of ICRC
- All documents submitted in response to this “Expression of Interest” shall become the property of ICRC upon submission.
- Applicant(s) having same address or contact details would be rejected.
- ICRC is not bound contractually or in any other way to any Applicant to this EOI. ICRC is not liable for any costs or compensation in relation to this EOI by the Applicants if ICRC terminates, varies, or suspends the EOI process or takes any other action permitted under this EOI, including consideration of concepts proposed in future developments. The EOI request is not the subject of any process, contract or any contractual obligations between ICRC and supplier or potential supplier.
- The above terms and conditions shall have to be considered by the Applicant in totality and the pre-qualification bid containing incomplete documents & not complying with the above conditions shall be summarily rejected.
- ICRC reserves the right to accept or reject any offer of EOI without assigning any reasons whatsoever. The decision of ICRC in this regard shall be final and binding on all participating suppliers.
- Empanelment of suppliers by ICRC does not entail any commitment from ICRC to enter into contracts during the validity of empanelment. ICRC reserves its right to abandon any part or whole of process without prior notice to prospective bidders.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
Interested companies are encouraged to apply ONLY if they meet the eligibility criteria below and are required to submit their documentation (where applicable) in line with the eligibility criteria outlined.
|Submission details/documentation required
|Minimum three years of experience||Proof of minimum three years of experience within in subject in producing and suppling of the above-mentioned items|
|Valid registration with the authorities as applicable||Proof of valid Company Registration|
|Company profile – indicating as a minimum area of expertise, years of experience and ownership details.||· Company profile indicating number of staff, core areas of expertise and experience, number of years in business –
· Including indication of staff capacity, available assets, representation and ownership information.
· Company policy on sexual harassment
· Company policy on child labour
· Company policy on Gender (indicate the ratio of male to female employees).
· Note that only companies with a minimum of three years of experience with other NGOs’ like UN, World Vison, Care International Ethiopia, International Rescue Committee, etc will be considered.
|Tax return||Copy of the income tax return filed in the last 3 financial months i.e. October 2021 to Dec. 2021 should also be provided.
|Financially sustainable||Financial statements or Bank account statements from 2020|
|VAT (A must criteria)||Applicant are highly encouraged to provide a recent VAT declaration copy and payment invoice to the concerned Customs Authority Branch Office|
Note: those who didn’t meet a minimum criterion may be rejected at time of initial screening stage.
6) SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The interested applicants may submit their applications at the earliest but not later than the last date and time for submission of the Expression of Interest i.e. 21/January/2022, 10:00 Am (GMT time)
- Any interested applicant may come to office for taking the EOI, by filling all the required address like:
- Fixed telephone line/fax,
- Mobile reference with option,
- Email address,
- Contact person,
- Company full name,
- Company address,
- Can mention his or her interested in which item category want to participate
- Place for submission of EOI & Method of delivery:
The Expression of Interest should be sent by hand to (Logistic department), below address.
Country Procurement Manager 2
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Bole Sub-city, Kebele 12/13, House n° 498, P.O Box 5701 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Mobile: +251 (0) 91 74 10 200
- Applications received in Fax will not be entertained.
- Late Receipt of EOI: Any EOI received by ICRC after the due date & time would be summarily rejected.
- Any request for clarification after 21/01/2022; would not be entertained.
The issue of this document does not in any way commit or otherwise oblige ICRC to proceed ahead with all or any part of a pre-qualification empanelment process.
ICRC may, at its absolute discretion, shortlist, accept, disqualify, elect to abandon, reject any part or whole of the process without giving prior notice to the Proponents or potential Proponents. ICRC reserves the right to cancel the EOI in totality without assigning any reason at any point of time. All information contained in this EOI are issued bonafide.
Should you require additional information and or clarification please do not hesitate to contact us.
International Committee of the Red Cross
Tel. : +251 0116457000 / 0116478300
Fax : +251 0116457001
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Date : Jan. 11/2022
Tender Ref. # : ADD22/000004
Closing Date/Time: 21.01.2022, at 10:00 Am (GMT time)
Please acknowledge receipt of this Request for EOI by e-mail to email@example.com