The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions and EHRC are looking for qualified consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 02/02/2022
- Phone Number : 115506573
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 02/16/2022
Call for Consultancy Service National Assessments on the Impact of COVID 19 on the Rights and Welfare of Children with Disabilities in Ethiopia
The Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) is a not-for-profit regional umbrella organization that brings together 46 National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) in Africa. It provides capacity building, facilitates coordination and cooperation amongst NHRIs by linking them with other key human rights actors at the regional and international levels. The Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is an independent federal state body established as per the Federal Constitution (Article 55/14 of FDRE Constitution cum Proclamation No. 210/2000, as amended by Proclamation No. 1224/2020). The Commission reports to the House of Peoples’ Representatives as a national human rights institution with the mandate for promotion and protection of human rights. NANHRI and EHRC are looking for qualified consultants to do overall national assessments of the impact of COVID 19 on the rights and welfare of children with disabilities in Ethiopia. This research will be part of NANHRI’s work through select 5 of its National Human Rights Institutions to provide overall national assessments of the impact of COVID 19 on the rights and welfare of children with disabilities in Africa.
All interested team of consultants/individual consultant/firms should meet the following criteria:
- The consultant/s should have advanced university degrees in law, human rights, children’s rights, or related discipline.
- Provide proof of at least 10 years of traceable experience of working and/or conducting research, public health, policy development and review in the field of children’s rights and in particular the rights of children with disabilities in African countries;
- Provide proof of demonstrated professional experience in the areas of international and regional human rights laws and instruments related to people /children with disabilities
- Excellent knowledge of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child and the work of the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child;
- Demonstrated professional experience in the area of child protection particularly to vulnerable groups including children with disabilities in the African context;
- First-hand knowledge and experience of the cultural, social, economic and political context of Africa
- Work experience in the AU, UN, and other international organizations is desirable;
- Excellent analytical skills, using both qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Excellent and proven report writing skills;
- Ability to deliver quality products on time.
- The consultants shall comply with child protection and child safeguarding policies and principles. Where necessary the consultant will be required to undergo an ethical clearance.
- Interested consultants can collect the RFP from its Head Office at Addis Ababa during office hours starting from the date of this announcement
- Bid Closure and Opening Date: the bid Documents must be submitted before February 16, 2022 at 2:00 PM and will be opened with the same date in the presence of bidders Representative at 2:30 pm.
- Interested applicants must submit their technical and financial proposals in English in two separately sealed envelopes to the Finance and Administration Department of EHRC by hard copy.
- EHRC reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC)
Meskel Square, on Bole Airport Road next to Hyatt Regency Hotel
Tel: +251- 11550 65 74
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia