Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) plans to procure Consultancy Service to conduct a Review of Ethiopian Law in light of international and regional child rights standards.
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 02/13/2022
- Phone Number : 2515506574
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 02/28/2022
Invitation for Bid (IFB)-Consultancy
Procurement Reference Number: EHRC/NCB/WCRC/008/2022
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is a national human rights institution established by Ethiopian Parliament as per the Federal Constitution and responsible for the promotion and protection of human rights in the country. (Establishment Proclamation No. 210/2000 issued on the 4th of July 2000)
- Ethiopian Human Rights Commission plans to procure Consultancy Service to conduct a Review of Ethiopian Law in light of international and regional child rights standards. Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures Contained in the public Procurement proclamation of the Federal government of Ethiopia is open to all Shortlisted and qualified bidders.
- Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information and collect the Bidding Documents(RFP) at the address given below from 8:30AM to 5:30 PM
- Legal document requirements include: Renewed trade license for the current year, Tax clearance and VAT registration certificate from MoF, Tax Payer Identification Certificate(TIN)
- Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in human rights or related fields; PhD will be considered an asset; specific area (child rights) also would be considered an additional asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in relation to child rights, and 3 years’ experience in undertaking research, legal analysis etc.;
- Record of participation in at least 2 similar assignments;
- Knowledge of child rights in general and familiarity with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child as well as the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child is required; related areas are considered an asset;
- Ability to research and produce high quality output in a timely manner, while understanding and anticipating the evolving needs in relation to the restrictions imposed to contain the spread of COVID 19 virus;
- Excellent communication, presentation, report writing and analytical skills;
- Fluency, good written and analytical skills in English and Amharic is essential;
- A complete set of the RFP in English language may be collected by interested bidders on the address below.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before February 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM at EHRC loated Meskel Square, on Bole Airport Road next to Hyatt Regency Hotel. Late bids shall be rejected.
- Bids shall be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 6(C) on February 28, 2022 at 2:30 PM.
- A) Documents shall be collected at: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, Procurement Unit Room 7th
- B) Bid document shall be delivered to: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, Procurement Unit Room 7th
- C) Bid document shall be opened at: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission, Procurement Unit Room 7th
9. Ethiopian Human Rights Commission reserves the right to reject any bid and to annual the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract, without thereby incurring any liability to Bidders.
Public Body: Ethiopian Human Rights Commission Finance and Administration Directorate Office
Meskel Square, on Bole Airport Road next to Hyatt Regency Hotel
7th Floor Finance and Administration Directorate
Tel. +251 550-65 74
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia