Giz Sequa looking for a custom management expert to analyses, describe and training custom management procedures.
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 02/16/2022
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 02/28/2022
Expert Custom Management Textile Sector
We are looking for a custom management expert to analyses, describe and training custom management procedures. The consultant will collaborate very closely with the sequa project team and chosen private sector companies.
- Establishing Standard Operational Procedures for custom management process for import and export of textile and garment products
- Training and coaching of chosen private sector textile and garment manufactures to manage custom affairs for import and export
- Provide consultancy and training services in foreign trade transactions to those working in the field of export and import of textile materials.
- Respond to customs-related enquiries including commodity coding, trade preference, duties, valuation, and customs transit regimes.
- Identify opportunities for better duty management and customs simplifications such as inward processing, outward processing, bonded manufacturing warehouse scheme, voucher scheme, voucher transfer, duty draw-back scheme.
- Assist local textile and garment manufacturers in improving customs operational capability in relation to import/export customs activities.
- Conduct research and provide proper opinion and plan of action for specific cases/requests pertaining to tariff classification and tariff treatment of textile raw material imports.
- Perform customs audits for our clients and advise them of discrepancies and on ways to correct them.
Searched qualifications of the expert:
Comprehensive up-to date knowledge of ERCA compliance practices and current import/export legislation/regulations on textile and garment items.
- Good knowledge of necessary export/import documentation.
- Good knowledge of calculating duty and tariff payments on textile materials imports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ethiopian custom policies and regulations such as inward processing, outward processing, bonded manufacturing warehouse scheme, voucher scheme, voucher transfer, duty draw-back scheme.
- At least 10 years of professional experience working at customs authorities or organizations closely involved with customs issues, preferred knowledge of customs treatment of garment and textile goods.
- Previous experience in developing and delivering training to the local textile and garment on import/export procedures.
The consultancy service is required for 30 days. There is a possibility to extend the contract in case of need. Kindly send your CV or technical statement as well as applicable day fee to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 28th of February.