Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) invite licensed and authorized selected seed suppliers that satisfies the below listed criteria.
- Category : Flora & Horticulture
- Posted Date : 02/19/2022
- Phone Number : 0221180193
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 03/02/2022
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM)
Invitation for Bid
IFB. No. ECC SDCBOM/01/2022
Project: ASAP II, SRVHAND & TSLL
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of Meki (ECC-SDCBOM) is a registered as non-profitable faith-based organization established in 1995 G.C under the umbrella of Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development commission. It is operating in different targeted woredas of Arsi, West Arsi and East Shewa zones of Oromia Regional State. The organization has been implementing different development and humanitarian assistance projects since its establishment. Accordingly, in this 2022 fiscal year, ECC-SDCBOM has planned to provide 2,743.9 Quintals of Haricot beans, 1,175.37 quintals of wheats, 865 quintals of Faba beans and 307.3 quintals of maize selected seeds, totally 5,091.77 quintals for 18,203 food insecure households.
Therefore, the organization would like to invite licensed and authorized selected seed suppliers that satisfies the below listed criteria.
- A company which registered and has an official certificate to supply Selected crop seeds,
- A company which can provide seed quality assurance certificate from authorized body.
- A company which has a renewed trade license, for 2014 E.C
- A company willing to conduct germination tests and physical and biological laboratory tests or provide evidence for the laboratory results from authorized seed diagnostic centers.
- A company which can supply packed and labeled improved seeds with full history
- A company should offer the seed price and transportation (per Km.) separately
- The bid documents (wax sealed and stamped) must be submitted to ECC-SDCBOM, Meki town, Procurement Department unit up to March 2, 2022 at 12:00 AM and the bid will be opened at 3:00 PM in the presence of the bidders or their legally authorized representatives.
Seed type, variety, distribution location and amount
|SN.||Seed type||Varieties||Woreda||Quantity in Quintals(100Kg)||Total Quantity required in Quintals|
|1||Haricot Beans||Nasir/SAR 125||ATJK||140.750||2,743.9|
|3||Maize||BH546/BH540/Lemu/Pioner or others||Bora||77||307.3|
The package labeling should include below listed information
- Crop and variety;
- Where the seed was grown
- Seed lot number;
- Incidence of weed seeds;
- Percentage of inert matter;
- Germination and hard seed;
- Names and rates of noxious weed-seed occurrence (which must conform to laws of the country where the seeds are to be used);
- Month/year in which purity and germination tests were completed;
- If the seed was treated, chemicals with which treated and cautionary statement if advisable.
- Where, and by whom the seed was tested, i.e., an official of, and tested in, a laboratory in (Name of Country and City), etc.
Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of Meki reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids
Address: Ethiopian Catholic Church Social and Development Commission Branch Office of
Telephone: +251 22118 0193/798
P.O. Box: 43
Meki, East Shoa