The Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Association (ECCSA) invite interested individual consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 02/27/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 03/07/2022
Call for Consultancy Service
The Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Association (ECCSA) with the technical and financial support of Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) commissioned an assessment on the TYDP of Ethiopia from private sector perspective. The study was conducted by the Ethiopian Economics Association. Now, since the study process is finalized, ECCSA would like to invite interested individual consultants to professionally and meticulously review the assessment carried out by EEA and provide recommendations and feedbacks to enrich its contents.
- Qualification and Experience
The reviewer/consultant must possess the competency and capacity requirements enlisted below to bid for the consultancy service.
- Technical Competency
- Master’s Degree or above in Economics with specialization on development economics/studies, Business administration or related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience preferable in similar context and assignments (experiences in reviewing similar studies/assessments carried out in relation to Macroeconomic issues)
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian private sector and the enterprise ecosystem.
- Knowledge of industrial & trade policies and regulations of Ethiopia
- Knowledge of gender issues particularly in the manufacturing and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME)” sectors as well as the informal sector
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and publishing research
- Functional Competencies
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Positive and constructive approaches to work with energy and synergy
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to receive and integrate feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and meet established time lines
- Language and Other Skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, including the ability to write reports clearly and concisely and to set out a coherent argument in presentation and group interactions
- Capacity to facilitate and communicate with different stakeholders
- Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications.
2. Legal Capacity
The reviewer/consultant must submit with its bid either:
- Its certificate of registration from the mandated public body demonstrating its registered business status and/or professional certificate
- Appropriate documentary evidence demonstrating its compliance, which shall include:
- Its trading license or equivalent;
- Its tax clearance certificate and VAT registration if applicable
3. Knowledge and Experience:
The reviewer/consultant should provide testimonials indicating the research ability and work experience undertaking tasks outlined in the TOR;
- The reviewer/consultant is expected to have experience in similar assignment and should provide a report document of its previous work as a reviewer of studies/assessments carried out by other organizations;
- The reviewer/consultant should have a minimum of post-graduate degree in Trade policy, International trade, Trade law, Economics and must have five year experience in consultancy;
- Excellent reporting skills proven by a track record of conducting similar study reviews.
Interested applicants can submit their application letter, financial and technical proposals to the Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Association (ECCSA) Headquarter located around Mexico Square, Chamber Building 2nd Floor in five (5) consecutive days from the date of announcement of this call.