Save the Children Invitation of Expression of Interest to Engage Local Non-Governmental Organizations (LNGOs)
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 02/28/2022
- E-mail : ethiopia.EOI@savethechildren.org
- Phone Number : 0113728455
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 03/21/2022
INVITATION TO EXPRESSION OF INTEREST EOI Reference # – SCI-ET-2022-0003
EOI Title: Invitation of Expression of Interest to Engage Local Non-Governmental Organizations (LNGOs) in anticipated health and nutrition projects
SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL the world’s leading independent non-profit organization for children intends to invites Expression of Interest (EOI) to engage local non-governmental organizations in anticipated health, WASH and nutrition projects. Save the Children, hereby invites interested local NGO’s to apply. Save the Children supports various health and nutrition efforts in Ethiopia that include addressing the unique and complex causes of illness, malnutrition and deaths in mothers, newborns and young children. Save the Children collaborates with local governments, multilaterals, international NGOs, academia, private sectors, grassroots non-governmental organizations and others to strengthen health systems, support multi-sectoral coordination, and promote healthy behaviors. Driven by key values that include ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity, Save the Children plans to continue collaborative engagement with local partners. With this advertisement, Save the Children aims to identify strong local NGOs for selected roles in health and nutrition projects it anticipates.
SCOPE OF ENGAGEMENT OF LOCAL NGOS
The engagement of local NGOs will be in social and behavioral change (SBC), community engagement and empowerment, gender transformation, strengthening community social accountability, capacity strengthening of subnational government and local CSOs to improve quality health and nutrition care and services. Other intervention areas may include community and household nutrition sensitive livelihoods and agriculture, and private sector work, especially with small and medium enterprises or local business networks on nutrition, health, WASH and livelihoods. Save the Children will continue to be a key ally in translating different strategies in to concrete actions at community and household levels by also involving local NGOs.
With this request for ‘expression of interest’, Save the Children aims to identify local NGOs that have the desired capacities and experiences in implementing frontline & community level interventions in health, nutrition and WASH in various geographic areas.
INSTRUCTIONS ON SUBMISSION OF ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST’ (EOI)
1- Submit your Expression of Interest using ‘Expression of Interest Template’ that you can download from Save the Children Website with the link ‘https://bit.ly/eoi-sci-et-2022-0003 ’
- Please fill recent & relevant experiences in the template. Applications must be in English language.
2- Annual financial turnover
3- License/registration certificate and the updated organization’s profile [including guiding values] and organizational structure
4- Company profile of your organization
5- Optional- testimonials and at least one sample of previous work related to this assignment together
Submit the documents via online using the following email address: ethiopia.EOI@savethechildren.org
No other means of submission of the Expression of Interest will be accepted.
Interested potential local NGO’s may send their requested documents online from February 27, 2022 up to
March 21, 2022 @ 05:30 PM.
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
(a) Proven record of accomplishment of successful implementation of the program or technical areas listed above under section on ‘the scope for local NGO engagement’.
(b) Technical expertise including existing staff and equipment capacity
(c) Geographic area experience as it matches with the anticipated project.
NEXT STAGE OF THE EOI PROCESS
Options available to the organization
After evaluating all invitee’s responses, the organisation may without limiting other options available to it, do any of the following:
- a) Prepare a short list of local NGO’s and invite further offers from those invitees;
- b) Conduct a subsequent procurement process calling for the services;
- c) Enter into pre contractual negotiations with one or more local NGO’s;
- d) Decide not to proceed further with the EOI process or any other procurement process for the services; or
- e) Commence a new process for calling for invitee’s responses on a similar or different basis to that
outlined in the original invitation.
- If you have any inquiry you can reach us through Save the Children Addis Ababa Country office near
Bisrate Gabriel Church, Supply Chain | Procurement Office -Tel # 0113 728455/61
- Save the Children reserves the right to accept or reject this EOI, in partial, or in its entirety.
- Save the Children reserves the right to choose any one of those applying or reject all expressions received based on the evaluation criteria.
- For more detail or clarification you can contact SCI offices in Addis Ababa Country office near
Bisrate Gabriel Church, Supply Chain | Procurement Office -Tel # 0113 728920