Good Neighbors Ethiopia call for develop Business and Marketing Plan for Early childhood education schools, and early childhood teachers training center in Addis Ababa
- Category : Education & Training Services
- Posted Date : 03/05/2022
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 03/14/2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Developing Business and Marketing Plan for Early childhood education schools, and early childhood teachers training center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Good Neighbors Ethiopia is a partner country office for Good Neighbors International which is an international non- for profit organization exist to make the World a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony by respecting the human rights of our neighbors suffering from poverty, disasters and oppression, and help them live in self-reliance by encouraging them to have hope.
Through its four approach living together, respect human rights, live in self-reliance, and encouraging them to have hope and help portray the approach Good Neighbors should take to build should take to build ‘a world without hunger, where people live together in harmony’.
So in order to meet it mission, GNE plan to establish social enterprise or business entity to generate income to support its humanitarian operations in Ethiopia in education sector emphasizing in early childhood education and this terms of reference prepared to recruit a consultant(s) on the are to develop business and marketing plan for early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center in Addis Ababa as a starting point and in some big cities like Adama, Hawasa etc.
The early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center
The proclamation for CS supported the establishment of the business enterprises that are operated or managed by civil society organizations as a sources of income to generate revenue which used for their humanitarian activities operated by the organization within the country. Hence Good Neighbors Ethiopia to establish early childhood education schools in Addis Ababa by emphasizing in early childhood education and delivering high quality education product from its accumulated experience on education sector as entry point for its future investment on education sector in Addis Ababa and other big cities within the country and this call is to develop Business and Marketing Plan for Early childhood education schools, and early childhood teachers training center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia which GNE planned to open.
The objective for developing the Business Plan for the GNE on The early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center is to provide guidance on the operations of the system/structure. Specifically the Business Plan will:
Define the early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center
Define the early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center management structure and skill sets available and identify any skill gaps
Define the running cost of the early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center, broken down to the cost per services provided, including services like trainings, professional recruitment.
Define the comparative advantage of the early childhood education schools and early childhood teachers training center to attract customers from different area of Addis Ababa and other big cities in the country like Adama, Hawasa etc.
Define the market and the potential customers
Describe the business model, including the marketing strategy
Work out the appropriate costing, including a portion for core investment demand
Project a realistic income from marketing the services over the next five years
Project the time to reach the break-even status from the present investment and Investment support (funds from GIF) required till then.
Provide organizational management structural modification and new skill set (if required) to meet the requirements of the business plan based on melkam child center operating by GNE in Lideta sub-city as early childhood center.
Define the status of the GNE on such business administration.
SCOPE OF WORK
Based on the objectives the consultant(s) will be required to provide an analysis of the present scenario and develop a detailed business, costing and marketing plan that is expected to provide overall direction to the establishment of early childhood education school and early childhood education teachers training center operations making it sustainable, efficient and growth oriented in the long run. The plan should be time bound and show clear achievable targets within defined timelines. The Business Plan to have the following sections at the minimum:
- Executive summary
- Analysis of the services offered on early childhood education school in Addis Ababa.
- Analysis of the business status, skill sets, running cost (broken to each services) and gaps thereof
- Analysis of the market and potential customers
- Comparative advantage
- Business Model and description of operation/s for each services
- Costing for each services
- Marketing strategy
- Projection of business returns over 5 years
- Financial/funding/ Investment needs till break-even status
The plan should also have a section on general guidance and preparation of an annual budget, 5-year projections of the following statements:
- Projected income statement
- Projected cash flow statement
- Projected balance sheet. A risk assessment, financial ratios and key performance indicators such as break-even, turn-around time, profitability ratios, payback period, rate of return on investment, liquidity ratios and stock turnover in order to have a better understanding of the financial and operational performance. A realistic sale forecast including prices, service volume, timing, etc.
The expected end product of this assignment will be a (1) complete Business and Marketing Plan clearly detailing tasks and responsibilities of each actor within the systems; (2) a financial and operational plan; (3) and a plan for measuring performance and impact of early childhood education centers and early childhood education training centers.
The above deliverable must be completed within 30(but depend up on the agreement made with the consultant) working days from the start date, with the following timeline:
(1) Preparatory activities: – 5 days
– Review all relevant documents and materials in the education sector useful for the preparation of the business and marketing plan for early childhood education center establishment.
– Consultation with GNE officials, melkam child center staff at Lideta Sub-city melkam child center and other stakeholders
– Data analysis
In-country (Ethiopia) de-briefing
During the field work, the consultant will be joined for at least a week by a GNE staff.
Outcome: situation Analysis report
(2) Writing the plan – 15 days (the plan should be written section-wise and each shared for comments and modification)
– Writing and editing report
– Incorporating comments and modification from partners and GNE officials if any
– Finalizing business and marketing plan
– Presentation to the GNE audience
(3) Final compilation and presentation – 10 days
– Presentation of the first draft, in a workshop mode, to the audience of GNE and other relevant stakeholders
– Recording of feedback and making the needed changes
– Presentation of the final draft to GNE & partners meeting
– Final Business and Marketing plan submitted to GNE on early childhood education center and early childhood education teachers training center.
– Working with regional or national education institutions
– Analyzing sets of services provided by educational institutions establishments
– Analyzing market preferably of education services/education products
– Providing costs analysis, projection of income and returns
– Analyzing skill sets and organizational structures required of different groups of functionaries in a multi-dimensional set-up preferably in educational set-up
– Analyzing national and regional strategies, policies and priorities for Education sector in Ethiopia
– Developing marketing strategy preferably for Education services or education product and educational institutions
– Writing business plan preferably for education service establishments or education products
– Working with diverse cultural and skills background
– Following strict time frame
During the field work, the consultant will be accompanied by a GNE staff. GNE staff will review and comment on the final business and marketing plan.
Good Neighbors Ethiopia has the right to accept or reject all or any parts of the consultancy work at any time.