Mercy Corps hereby invites local livestock traders
- Category : Purchases
- Posted Date : 04/09/2022
- Phone Number : 0111110777
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 04/20/2022
Invitation to Bid
For Small ruminant offtake/destocking
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004, working in rural, peri-urban and urban areas in five regional states – Somali, Oromia, Afar, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples, Amhara, Gambella – and the capital city of Addis Ababa. We engage in both development and humanitarian work, and seek to integrate approaches, programs and geographies as much as possible. Our partners include government, academic institutions, development and private sector actors, civil societies and communities.
Currently, Mercy Corps Ethiopia is implementing a USAID funded Resilience in Pastoralists’ Areas (RiPA) Project in Somali, Afar & East and West Hararghe of Oromia Regional States.
Mercy Corps hereby invites local livestock traders from Somali region Degahabour, Kebribeya, Babile, Afdem, and Biki/gota woredas and From Oromia region East hararghe zone Gursum and Babile woredas to participate in the small ruminant offtake/destocking from targeted drought affected area markets in the Somali & Oromia regions to stimulate market, reduce pressure to feed supply and contribute for the welfare of animals during drought.
Suppliers Eligibility Criteria’s
- Should be registered business entities under Ethiopian law with renewed business license from the relevant authorities.
- Owned/engaged in actively operating livestock trade businesses (livestock trading, feedlot operation and/or livestock exporting) in or from Somali & Oromia region (this will be verified based on supporting documents submitted from local partners).
- Traders/business that has confirmed business partnership/agreement with big buyers outside target areas, abattoir and/or live animal exports to create dependable networks for future marketing and support the destocking (timely access to market for purchased animals, access to finance).
- Have been in operation of similar business for a minimum of one year before the date of the application in from the target market/ adjustment woredas/markets.
- Shall express the interest/willingness to engage on destocking/ offtake of sheep/goats from the targeted markets with Birr 400.00(Four hundred birr) proposed subsidy rate per heads of goat/ sheep eligible for destocking(i.e. excluding breeding stock) that will be paid up on submitting confirmed documentation that shows purchases of animal from any one or two of the targeted market(Degahabour, Kebribeya, Babile, Afdem, and Biki/gota Somali region and East hararghe zone Gursum and Babile woredas Oromia region) and sold outside of the regions.
- Interest to accept and work through livestock offtake service contract system and willingness to provide required documentations (e.g., lists of HHs sold animal location, number of animals purchased from each HHs, invoices/document that shows sales of animal including sales value, type of animal purchases and other related).
- Having a bank account at one of the commercial banks by business name with financial capacity/bank account balance at least to purchase 100 animals at a time.
- Women livestock traders are encouraged to apply.
To be considered bidders should collect the bid document from Mercy Corps Jigjiga/ Dire dawa offices address mentioned below from the date advertised till April 19, 2022, 5:00pm
Jijiga office: Kebele 06, House No.2079, Tel.No.+251-25-775-7477, P.O. Box:225
Dire Dawa office: Kebele 02, House No.509, Tel.No.+251-25-113-1220/21, P.O.Box: 974
- Bidders are required to submit TIN registration certificates and renewed Business License for the year 2014.
- Bidders should submit bid document marked “small ruminant offtake/destocking” to Mercy corps Jigjiga and Diredawa offices address mentioned above till April 22, 2022, 3:00 pm
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to cancel all or part of the bid; and bid documents received after April 22, 2022, 3:00 Pm will not be considered.
Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information from
Mercy Corps Addis Ababa office Yeka Sub-City, Kebele 08, House No. 377; Hayahulet, Afro Building, Tel. 011-1-110777,
Dire Dawa , Kebele 02, House No.509, Tel.No.+251-25-113-1220/21,P.O.Box: 974
Jigjiga field offices : Kebele 06, House No.2079, Tel.No.+251-25-775-7477, P.O.Box:225