Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) is seeking to employ competent Firms who are interested to carry out IPSAS conversion.
- Category : Financial Consultancy
- Posted Date : 04/09/2022
- Phone Number : 0115520321
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 04/22/2022
SUPPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (SSD)
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF IPSAS
Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) is a national, not-for-profit charity established and reregistered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) under registration number 0034.
SSD aims to convert its financial systems and financial management procedures in to International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) by revising and updating of the existing Financial Systems.
Therefore, Support for Sustainable Development (SSD) is seeking to employ competent Firms who are interested to carry out IPSAS conversion.
Objective of the Assignment:
- To support implementation of IPSAS in preparing the annual financial statements of SSD by providing required technical assistance, detail gap analysis building on the previous exercises, develop Road map for IPSAS implementation,
- Providing required capacity building and recommending modifications in information system/ software, policy, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary.
- Work with SSD in preparing the annual financial statements of the Year ended 31 December 2022 based on IPSAS.
General Scope of the Assignment:
- Conduct Gap analysis and develop Roadmap for IPSAS implementation
- Exercise a detail diagnosis and identify gaps for IPSAS adoption.
- Analyses all relevant aspects – capacity, policies, procedures, regulatory, information system/ software etc. including review of existing chart of accounts and alignment with IPSAS adoption.
- Develop comprehensive roadmap with specific actions, timeline incorporating all relevant aspects as above.
- Further support SSD in consultation external auditors and get unqualified audit opinion with regards to IPSAS conversion including standards that are not effective yet and can allow early adoption and thereafter incorporate the comments given and finalize the financial statements.
- Develop manuals/ guidelines/ templates/ checklists as required to guide IPSAS implementation.
- Assist SSD in preparing IPSAS based annual financial statements for FY 2022 with required opening balances/ conversions.
- Slightly assist SSD in preparing IPSAS based annual financial statements for FY 2023 with required opening balances.
- Training and workshops
- Develop training materials including training modules.
- Train accountants and other relevant personnel for IPSAS adoption.
- Team Composition & Qualification Requirements for the Key Experts (and any other Requirements
Job Requirements: Consulting Firm: -The consulting firm should have the following qualifications and experience to carry out the assignment
- Renewed Company/Firm/Business registration certificate
- VAT registration
- Tax clearance certification
- General experience: At least of 3 Years in the field of financial accounting and Auditing in the public/ private sector
- Specific experience: The consultant must have considerable experience in the field of international public/ private sector financial reporting standards (i.e. IPSAS/ IFRS) and at least 2 years of experience (during job or as independent) in the field of development /application of accounting.
- Special Requirement as advantage: Consultant having experience with similar assignments (IPSAS conversion) shall have added advantage.
Application Procedures and Deadline
Interested and eligible applicants may submit their technical and financial proposals along with their company profile on or before April 22, 2022 to the following address:
Around Bambis in front of Enat Bank, Mekane Yesus building
2nd Floor, Office No. 210, P.O. Box: 33167 Phones: 0115520321
Addis Ababa – Ethiopia