Ethiopian Women with Disability National Association (EWDNA) invites Interested and qualified consulting firms
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 04/17/2022
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 04/27/2022
Call for Expression of Interest
Ethiopian Women with Disability National Association (EWDNA) is a local, nonprofit making, nongovernmental organization based in Addis Abeba with 9 branches in Amhara, Oromia SNNPR, and Dire Dawa. EWDNA is established in September 2002 with the initiation and struggle of 7 women with disabilities and one non-disabled women. EWDNA works on women with 5 types of disabilities.
EWDNA was conducting a series of activities to increase the participation of its member women with disabilities in the 6th national election of Ethiopia. Which includes the provision of voters education to member women with disabilities to increase their confidence and value their voice. EWDNA has also broadcasted a series of radio programs to reach the larger public and decision makers to show the challenges related to lack of participation in social, economic and political spaces by women with disabilities. The project is a joint collaborative project between EWDNA and Network of Ethiopian Women’s Association (NEWA) with the objective of enhancing the political participation of women in general.
In the post-election period, EWDNA would like to assess how disability friendly the election was, what challenges was observed, and document lessons from the 6th national election to inform its advocacy work with decision makers.
The assignment involves the following tasks
- Conduct an interview session with National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) to learn the efforts made towards disability accessibility of the election
- Arrange interview/FGD session with local level election facilitators to get their insight on how disability friendly the process was and what efforts were on the ground to make sure that persons with disabilities are able to vote
- Arrange FGD session with observers deployed by EWDNA and NEBE or other stakeholders
- Arrange interview with Organizations of Persons with Disabilities
- Arrange FGD session with EWDNA members who were able to vote and those who couldn’t make it due to a variety of reasons.
Scope: In terms of area coverage of the assignment, the assessment is to be conducted in Addis Abeba and Gonder .
How to apply
Interested and qualified consulting firms can send a summary of their credentials, technical and financial proposal with Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or can drop it in person at our office located near British Embassy within seven (7) consecutive days of the announcement. Any question can be sent through the above mentioned email address.