The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) an implementing agency intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Service
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 04/20/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 05/06/2022
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- Individual Consultant
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302,Credit No: IDA IDA-62630-ET, Ref No.: ET-IPDC-287656-CS-INDV
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) – the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project. The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) an implementing agency intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Service employment of Assistant Procurement officer- Individual Consultant.
- The main objective of this assignment is to the Consulting Services including, but are not limited to the following:
The objective of the assignment is to increase the efficiency of the processing of procurement under the project as well as to provide all the necessary assistance to procurement specialist at the PIU.
- The Assistant Procurement Officer will be accountable to the Procurement Specialist and shall carry out the following activities:
- Assist the procurement specialist in overall planning, management, and monitoring of procurement activities of the CJC project by handling each phase of the procurement cycle as per the guidelines and instruction given from the Project Coordinator,
- Collect Proforma invoices based on an approved purchase request,
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of technical specifications (together with the project beneficiaries) for the proper purchasing of services, equipment and goods needed for the project through shopping,
- Draft and submit invitation for bid for procurement of goods and Request for Expressions of interest (EOI) for consulting services as per the instructions given by the Procurement Specialist.
- Assist in the preparation of Bidding documents, Request for quotation, and Request for Proposals,
- Assist in the preparation of the project’s draft Procurement Plan taking into account envisaged implementation time for each procurement method,
- Participate in the assessment of consultants’ qualifications and establishment of shortlists in accordance with Bank’s manual and Guidelines,
- Assist in the operations of bid opening for the procurement of goods and consultants and in the recording and drafting of the Minutes of bid opening,
- Assist in Evaluation of bids, technical and financial proposals made for the procurement of goods and recruitment of consultants under the project,
- Assist in the preparation of awards and drafting of contracts,
- Follow-up the timely receipt of goods and reports by suppliers and consultants in accordance to their respective contracts,
- Keep records and files of all procurement documentation both in the case of activities subject to prior and post reviews by the World Bank and auditors,
- Keep accurate records of procurement activities, including contract register, deliveries and completion of works, for the use of procurement post-reviews and auditing by the Bank,
- Carry out any other relevant duty that may be assigned by the Procurement Specialist.
The expected outputs of the procurement officer are:
- a detailed Work Plan;
- Weekly Report
- Updated filing and contract register of the project
- approved updated project procurement plans; and
- Completed procurement packages for goods and consultancy services provided in the procurement plan for the project;
- The individual Consultant (IC) will be selected and engaged on the basis of his/her qualification for the assignment in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014(“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Qualification and Experience Required:
For provision of effective consultancy services, the Consultant is expected to have:
- Graduate degree in business management, economics or agricultural economics
- Must have 10 years’ experience as business manager preferably in the private sector and in the same industry.
- Must have at least 8 years of experience in business management and particularly or in the production, formulation, procurement, sales, supply chains and management of feed and/or optimizing animal nutrition in corporate environments.
- Experience in procurement of raw materials for feed production and applicability and context for livestock supply chains, as well as traceability and accountability systems for suppliers is preferred.
- Must have strong strategic and analytical skills
- Fluency in English and Amharic is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to span industry and non-profit sectors to generate consensus and collective vision is required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and produce high-quality work under time constraints is a must.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team is required.
- Excellent organizational and project leadership skills.
- The contract period will be short term assignment with possibility of extension.
- Remuneration: Negotiable
- Location: Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (Cjcp) under Industrial Parks Development Cooperation, Addis Ababa
- The consultant may obtain the TOR up on request at the address provided below during working days and office hours from 30AM-12:30 PM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-5:30 AM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time on Fridays.
Expression of Interest along with documentary evidences can be sent through the E-mail: email@example.com with a copy to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the employment of “Assistant Procurement officer on or before 06 May, 2022 up to 5:00 P.M. Local Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation, Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Office, 3rd Floor, Room No 307, Comoros Street, Habet Building, opposite Kenya Embassy, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.