The Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE) invites interested competitive consulting firms
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 04/27/2022
- Phone Number : 0114672300
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 05/11/2022
Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia
Bid re-announcement for
Design, Development & Implementation of
Electronic Medical Record System/Client Management Information System/
The Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE), established in 1966, is a volunteer-based, not-for profit charity Association providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services. FGAE is an accredited member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), joining the Federation since 1970.The Association is known to have pioneered Family Planning (FP) services in Ethiopia.
Currently, FGAEs client level data management is mainly rely on manual system comprised of demographic, client card, clinical notes and various printed log books. Pro paper system and its associated drawbacks includes error prone implementation, space demand for data back, continuous investment need of resupply, limited data safety and security, confidentiality, time consuming and energy intensive consolidation efforts are among the pushing factors for the initiation of transformation agenda from manual to automated data management system.
The purpose of this re-bidding is, therefore, to engage competitive consulting firms who can develop, implement, and automate the Associations’ clinic level client data management process with well-versed and interoperable e-CMIS initiatives.
Description of the Assignment
Major purposes of this assignment are (but not limited) to:-
- To establish an automated client data management /Electronic Medical Record/ system and enhance FGAE client data management practices
- To create well versed, comprehensive, user friendly and dynamic EMR system capable of addressing the emerging data need by varied stakeholders
- To develop a system compatible with the current technology advancement in data management practices in reporting and recording platforms like DHIS 2, imaging devices and laboratory instruments.
- To assist system driven evidence based decision making at service delivery points by service providers and program managers for improved client care
Interested consulting firms can participate in the bid to offer the service as per a Terms of Reference (ToR) prepared for this purpose. Applicants can collect the ToR within 15 calendar days beginning from April 27, 2022 from FGAE, Head Office room no. 5 at a non-refundable fee of birr 100. (This bid is also available at www.fgaee.org)
All bidders are required to submit separate technical and financial proposals in sealed and stamped envelopes (one original and one copy for each) at the Head Office to room no. 1 (at Reception) on or before May 11, 2022 at 12:00 (Lunch time). Bid proposal shall be accompanied by a bid security of 1% of the bid in the form of CPO or bank guarantee.
They should be legally registered and shall present renewed trade license ;Applicants are required to fulfill the following minimum requirement:
- They should have VAT and TIN registration certificate;
- They should be able to provide organizational profile and the CVs of individuals who are going to take part in the system development & implementation;
- They should demonstrate good deal of previous experience working in software development preferably in EMR for SRH service and/or Medical system development, in web-based software development;
- They should demonstrate advanced knowledge in data base implementation, configuration, and troubleshooting of database instances
- They should have mix of expertise from diverse professional background including Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health, Project management, Supply and Logistic and Finance with immense experience on health care data management system
The bid will be opened on May 11, 2022 at 2:00 PM (after lunch) at FGAE Head office in the presence of bidders who choose to attend the opening. FGAE reserves the right to partially or fully cancel the bid.
Contact address: for : For any information, doubts, bidding document purchase, Bid delivery and opening
Debre Zeit Road, Meskerem Mazoria (Ritchie Area)Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia (FGAE), Head Office
Tel. 251 (11) 467 2300, (for any information, compliant, or doubts)
P.O. Box 5716, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
All Tenders are also available at www.fgae.org