Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) invites interested consulting firm/consultant
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 05/15/2022
- Phone Number : 0115507172
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 05/20/2022
Call for consultancy work
On Land use Land cover Change and Carbon Stock assessment of Majang Forest Biosphere Reserve.
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making indigenous organization founded in 2004. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on the 14th of November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations Proclamation No. 1113/2019.
Objectives of the assignment
MELCA-Ethiopia is implementing a project entitled “Growth for the Future (G4F) Program II: Natural Resource Management for Resilience and Economic development, Majang Project” from 2019 that ends December 2022. Thus the purpose of this assignment is to conduct assessment on land use land cover change and carbon stock of Majang Forest Biosphere Reserve as of since 2017.
Applicants are required to demonstrate that:-
- The consulting firm/consultant is required to be familiar with concept and principles of the biosphere reserve and have experience of conducting of forest resources assessment, preparation nomination documents and BR management plan and similar tasks,
- The team of experts is preferably required educational background in the areas of Natural resource/science, agro economics, rural development, sociologist GIS and remote sensing and related,
- At least holding a minimum of MScor MA in their respective fields.
- Applicants should be a legally registered and has a renewed license for current fiscal year
Duration of the assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit a schedule for undertaking the task.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head Office in 5 working days, from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00 PM, starting from the date of the appearance of this advertisement and shall be required to submit the quotation in person within 10 days of the announcement on the newspaper to the following address. The proposals should clearly marked as technical and financial proposal separately with WAX SEALED ENVELOP with “Original” and “Copy” of the quote to MELCA Office.
MELCA’S Physical Address:
Lideta Sub City, Woreda 53, H. No. 903/6, P.O Box- 1519 code1250
Near to the main Post Office
Kidane Beyene Building, 1st Floor,
Phone (landline) +251-115-50 71 72
Fax No.: +251-115-54 45 56
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia