The Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE) would like to receive expressions of interest (EOIs) from legally formed individual consultants to conduct monitoring and evaluation.
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 05/21/2022
- Phone Number : 0115538944
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/07/2022
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
|Program:||Rural Financial Intermediation Program III|
|Assignment::||Monitoring & Evaluation|
|Selection Method:||Individual Consultancy Service (ICS)|
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for the Rural Financial Intermediation Program III (RUFIP-III), under which a portion of the funding will be utilized towards qualified payments on assignments for individual consultancy services.
The Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE) is one of the state-owned financial institutions engaged in providing project finance for projects and lease financing for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to support the overall economic development of the country.
The RUFIP III program in Ethiopia aims to improve livelihoods and reduce vulnerability and poverty. By expanding and improving inclusive and sustainable rural financial services, the program is expected to increase the incomes and assets of small farmers and the rural population.
DBE would like to receive expressions of interest (EOIs) from legally formed individual consultants to conduct monitoring and evaluation. The terms of reference contain additional information about these consulting services.
The objective of individual consultant is to undertake two distinct assignment but interrelated objectives:
- Design, and establish an efficient and effective results-based monitoring & evaluation (M&E) system for the Rural Financial Intermediation Programme- Phase Three (RUFIP III).
- Provide Training for the Project Team and other stakeholders in the fundamentals/basics of Monitoring and Evaluation of the project.
The designing and establishment of an efficient and effective result-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system, which focus on:
- Having a long term M&E strategy;
- Having a short term M&E plan that includes M&E work plan, budget and other resource;
- Digitizing reporting system and
- Actions for operational zing the M&E strategy and or plan.
The objective of the EOI is to hire individual consultants who will be invited to submit their CVs. The individual’s experience and qualifications are the most important requirements for conducting the monitoring and evaluation.
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to the IFAD’s Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Terrorist Financing Policy, as well as the Revised IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption in its Activities and Operations. The latter contains IFAD’s restrictions on prohibited practices. In addition, as detailed in its IFAD Policy on Preventing and Responding to Sexual Harassment, Sexual Exploitation, and Abuse, IFAD strives to ensure a safe working environment free of harassment, including sexual harassment, and free of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) in its activities and operations.
Interested consultants shall not have any actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest. Consultants with an actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest shall be disqualified unless otherwise explicitly approved by the Fund. Consultants are considered to have a conflict of interest if they
- Have a relationship that provides them with undue or undisclosed information about or influence over the selection process and the execution of the contract, or
- Have a business or family relationship with a member of the client’s board of directors or its personnel, the Fund or its personnel, or any other individual that was, has been or might reasonably be directly or indirectly involved in any part of (i) the preparation of the REOI, (ii) the selection process for this procurement, or (iii) execution of the contract. Consultants have an ongoing obligation to disclose any situation of actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest during preparation of the EOI, the selection process or the contract execution. Failure to properly disclose any of said situations may lead to appropriate actions, including the disqualification of the consultant, the termination of the contract and any other as appropriate under the IFAD Policy on Preventing Fraud and Corruption in its Projects and Operations.
Individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in IFAD procurement handbook and Development Bank of Ethiopia procurement directive.
The followings are Details of EOI evaluation criteria;
|1.1||> 5 Year experience||60|
|1.2||4-5 year experience||55|
|1.3||2-3 year experience||45|
|1.4||< 2 year experience||40|
|2.1||> 5 Year experience||30|
|2.2||4-5 year experience||25|
|2.3||2-3 year experience||20|
|2.4||< 2 year experience||15|
|3||Clarity of the proposal/EOIs||10%|
Documents Required from Applicants
- a) Certified copy of valid registered VAT or equivalent;
- b) Certified copy of valid Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- c) Renewed trade license for fiscal year;
- d) Valid Tax clearance certificate;
The final consultant for the assignment will be selected using the Individual Consultant Service (ICS) selection method, with only the highest-ranked individual consultant invited to submit a combined technical and financial offer.
On all pages of the EOI proposal document, the organization’s stamp should be sealed near the authorized signatory and all pages should be numbered, dated, signed, and stamped. The application must be signed by an authorized individual. Additional sheets that the applicant must attach should be numbered and submitted as a package with a signed letter. The applicant may provide any additional information he or she believes is necessary to demonstrate his or her ability to perform the proposed consultancy service.
Interested consultant may obtain further information from DBE Head Office, Property Facility Management Directorate Procurement Team, Tower II, 5TH floor, Tel. +251 11 5538944 or +251 11 5506020, ext. 343/204; Fax +251 11 553 7982.
The EOI and all documentations shall be submitted in English, One original and one copy. Expressions of interest (EOIs) shall be submitted into the tender box prepared for this purpose on or before June 7, 2022 at 4:00 P.M (in the afternoon) at the Development Bank of Ethiopia Head Office Tower I, Ground floor.
Late submissions shall be rejected.
DBE reserves the right to accept or reject a part/all of the entire bid.
Development Bank of Ethiopia