Embassy of the United States of America will hold an online Auction of Government Vehicles
- Category : Vehicle Sale
- Posted Date : 06/12/2022
- E-mail : AddisGSOAuctions@state.gov
- Phone Number : 0111242617
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/24/2022
U.S. EMBASSY ONLINE AUCTION
Government Vehicles Sales
JUNE 21–24, 2022
Embassy of the United States of America will hold an online Auction of Government Vehicles from June 21-24,2022 There will be a selection of SUVs, Vans and pickup trucks.
For more information, please call: 011-124-2617-011-130-7577 or 011-130-7611 or email AddisGSOAuctions@state.gov.
Viewing: Interested participants can view the vehicles for sale on June 16 & 17 and 21 2022 between 09:00am and 12:00pm at the back of the Embassy. In order to access the facility, participants will be required to present ID and wear a face mask. Vehicles may be started, however, viewers will not be allowed to Test drive. For participants unable to see the vehicles physically, pictures will be available online.
Auction How it works
View the vehicles and register to bid online via https://online-auction.state.gov/
Scroll down and click on “Addis Ababa” among the U.S. Embassies currently holding auctions. After the auction opens, registered bidders can begin bidding on any lots. All users must read and abide by the policy statement and regulations set forth on the website.
Bid Bond: Interested participants must bring a certified payment order (CPO) of ETB 100,000.00 to participate in the auction. (This bid bond will serve for all vehicles included in the auction). If an auction participant does not win any lots, the bid bond will be returned Starting Monday June 27-29 from 09:30-12:00 at the back of the Embassy. The CPO should be made payable to “Bank of Abyssinia”. The CPO must be presented before noon June 21,2022 at the vehicles viewing location. Winning bidders must pay for all lots won in full, less the bid bond which will be held. If you are the winner of multiple vehicles, you must pay for all vehicles, in full, or you will forfeit your bid bond and you will not be allowed to take a single vehicle. Winners who forfeit winning bids will be barred from ANY future U.S. Embassy vehicle auctions.
Bid winners must pay the full amount of the winning bid to: A/C NO. ETB1502100010050 at Bank of Abyssinia only. Cash will be accepted at the YERER or SALITEMIHRET branches. Payment will NOT be accepted by the U.S. Embassy. Partial payments are not allowed.
Payment must be made before the payment deadline of COB July 01, 2022 (1 weeks after the closing date of the auction) during regular bank branch operating hours. Upon full payment, bid winners will be given an official receipt that must be presented along with their original bid winner’s email confirmation to sign the agreement. (Specific Date and time will be communicated with the bid winners)
Responsibility and removal of vehicle(s): Bid winners will be able to remove their vehicle(s) only after full payment and completion of the necessary documentation and paperwork by the US Embassy and after-Tax payment /Exception documents are presented by the Buyer. The U.S. Embassy will not assume any responsibility on vehicles sold after fulfilling necessary documentation and paperwork. Failure to remove vehicle(s) as per the terms and conditions provided may result in a fine for storage.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old and bring proper identification (passport/ ID).
- Any and all duties, taxes, transfer fees or other charges of an official nature levied by the Government of Ethiopia are the sole responsibility of the buyer and will not be deducted or credited to the sale price by the U.S. Embassy.
- If the Embassy knows that a vehicle is in an inoperable condition, that will be disclosed. However, all vehicles are sold on an “AS IS”, “WHERE IS”, and “NON-RETURNABLE” The Embassy DOES NOT guarantee vehicle condition in any way.
- In case of failure to fulfill all requirements stated above, the Embassy will reserve all rights to cancel bids and take related administrative measures including forfeiture of cashier’s cheques as necessary.
- S. Government reserves the right to withdraw for its use any or all of the vehicles prior to actual removal of the property from U.S. Government control.
- S. Government reserves the right to reject any bid that is considered not to be commensurate with the value of the property, or to reject any bid where there is evidence of connivance, collusion, or bribery.