The Water Resources Development Fund of Ministry of Water and Energy hereby invites Applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services described Below.
- Category : Water Engineering Machinery, Equipment & Tools
- Posted Date : 06/19/2022
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Phone Number : 2516672110
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/04/2022
COUNTRY: The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Assessment, Design and Implementation of 25 Water Utilities Capacity Building
Consulting Services Expressions of Interest
The Water Resources Development Fund of Ministry of Water and Energy has received a financing from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project: Assessment, Design and Implementation of 25 Water Utilities Capacity Building.
The Services of the consultant shall consist of:
- To fully carryout an assessment, Analysis, adopting of existing operational manuals, preparing training material and implementing training for 10 towns water utilities,
- Preparing training material based on existing assessment report and existing operational manuals and implementing the training for 15 towns water utilities,
- Translating 11 operational manuals into Oromifa language and reproduce for the utilities
- Preparing the whole technical assistance completion report of 25 towns Utilities capacity building and conducting final public workshop
- This assignment is expected to be completed in 14 Months
The Water Resources Development Fund of Ministry of Water and Energy hereby invites Applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to:
|Consulting firms||individual consultants|
|NGOs||Joint Venture between NGO(s) and consulting firm(s)|
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD‑Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant (including any JV member) submits or participates in more than one application, those applications shall be all rejected. However, the same Sub-consultant may participate in several applications.
If the Applicant is a JV, the expression of interest shall include:
- a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members, or
- a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement, signed by all members together with a copy of the Agreement proposal,
In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Subconsultants.
Experiences and qualifications of Subconsultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
Interested Applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts size
- The nature of the Services: Assessment, design and implementation of Town water Utilities capacity building in Ethiopia,
- The technical area and expertise: Proven experience and expertise required in Town Water Utilities’ gap assessement and capacity building design, preparation of training &operational manual for Town water Utilities’ financial management and billing system, management board, Business Plan, customer service management, Non-revenue Water, operation and maintenance,etc. in the area of town water utilities service provision.
- The location: previous experience in small and medium towns in Ethiopia, for exemple: Kibre mengist/Adola-Shakiso, Lalibela, Asosa, Sebeta, Injbara, Ataye, Kemise, Mersa, Motta, Shewa Robit, Woreilu, Sodo, Bonga, Mizan Aman, Wolkite, Fitche, Dodola, Shone, Kawakoto, Jinka, Bu’ee, Holeta, Ararti, Ejere and Gebreguracha (this list is non-contractual at this stage and could be subject to marginal revisions).
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Core business and years in business;
- Qualification and experience in the field of assignment;
- Organizational, managerial and technical capabilities of the firm; and
- General qualification and number of key staff, but not individual experts’ bio data.
For a JV, its leader and any member that has its registered office outside the Client’s country shall fulfil each of these criteria.
An application that does not meet any of these requirements will be rejected.
Among the submitted applications, Water Resources Development Fund of Ministry of Water and Energy will shortlist a maximum of six (6) Applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below no later than 04 July 2022
Office: Water Resources Development Fund
Attetion to: Ato Wanna Wake
P.O. box : 43337
Email: Murad umer firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: working days from Monday to Friday from 08:30 am to 12: 30 am morining and 1:30 pm to 5:30 pm afternnon.
Intersted applicants must also fill, sign and submit ‘the Statement of Integrity,Eligibility and Environmental and Social Responsibility’ which is mandatory requirement by AFD. Therefore, intersted applicants can get this statement’s template from the above AFD’s website or through e-mails given above.