Family Health International (FHI 360) invites quotations and proposals from eligible local consultants and consultant companies
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 07/03/2022
- Closing Date : 07/15/2022
- E-mail : [email protected]
- Phone Number : 0913010137
- Source : Reporter
PUBLIC TENDER NOTICE
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions in more than 70 countries worldwide, including Ethiopia. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environmental, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360, with funding from USAID/BHA, is providing support through the “Integrated Services for Humanitarian Implementation – Northern Ethiopia (ISHI-NE)” project. ISHI-NE is a multi-sectoral health, nutrition, protection, and WASH program that is running until March 22, 2023. FHI 360 is looking to hire a consultant or consultant company who will provide immigration services on behalf of FHI360.
FHI 360 Ethiopia Country Office, therefore, invites quotations and proposals from eligible local consultants and consultant companies with valid and renewed licenses for the current fiscal year for providing Immigration services for FHI 360’s Integrated Services for Humanitarian Implementation Northern Ethiopia (ISHI-NE) project in Ethiopia.
DELIVERABLES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The scope of work for the provision of Immigration Services shall include but shall not be limited to:
· Process, prepare, finalise and submit all foreign personnel permit applications required by the client with relevant ministries and do so within a reasonable timeframe. Such applications will include but are not confined to various types of work permits such as temporary or permanent work permits and spouse and dependent visas
· Process, prepare, finalise, and submit all foreign personnel permit applications in the strictest adherence to the relevant Labour Acts and regulations.
· Keep relevant FHI 360 parties up to date on any permit process in progress to include submission of periodic reports and follow-up actions
· In all cases and at all times, act in a manner consistent with the letter and spirit of the Code of Conduct for Registered Immigration Practitioners
· Develop and maintain sound relations with the relevant ministries including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labour in Ethiopia and Agency for Civil Society Organizations.
· Undertake to keep up-to-date with policies and procedures of Ministry of Foreign Affairs regarding acceptable documentation and procedure in order to best ensure the acceptance and success of permit applications.
· Keep abreast of changes and developments in Ethiopian immigration law, policy, procedure, directives and practice, and advise the client accordingly.
· Organize and provide constant briefing to staff involved in staff and travel administration on developments in the industry and related travel and immigration services.
· Maintain strictest confidentiality regarding all information passed from the client.
· Advise on tax regulations required per work permit status for expatriates if necessary.
· Document and Stipulate immigration procedures step by step and update them from time to time.
TENDER REQUIRED INFORMATION – Documents / information that MUST be provided by candidates:
The profile consultant or consultant company needs to fulfill the minimum competency and essential mixes of qualification and robust experience on provision of immigration services as clearly indicated in the Request for Proposal (Terms of Reference). The consultant has to submit both a Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal. The technical proposal should include the following required information.
- Expression of Interest (EOI) – specifying whether applicants are applying as individual or consulting company
- A detailed technical proposal that demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Request for Proposal.
- Consultant/Company Profile that outlines previous company/consultant experience in assignments of similar nature and scope – ideally in a similar geographic area with copies of testimonials
- Proposed team composition and qualification and mobilization schedule
- A consulting firm or individual consultant having professional license and renewed trade license
The consultant’s expected start-date will be in August 2022 for six months. During that time the consultant is expected to have submitted and processed work permits needed at that particular time.
The cost of this consultancy assignment will be arranged per service delivered. Applicants should submit detail breakdown of cost details
Proposed costs will be final once agreement is signed. There will be no price adjustments to this assignment for delays caused as a result of the consultant’s default.
Evaluation of applications will be done in two stages following best value for money approach. Technical proposals will be evaluated out of 70% and shall be conducted first. Those who are qualified in the technical evaluation shall be evaluated for financial responsiveness which will be conducted out of 30%. The highest scoring applicant in the aggregate of the technical and financial evaluations will be assigned the consultancy assignment.
Technical Evaluation and Criteria (75%)
The technical evaluation will constitute the below criteria which will first be scored out of 75 points and converted to 75%. Consultants will have to score at least 50/75 points.
- Provider Overview and proposed work plan. 5pts
- Past Performance/Contracts in relation to Scope of Work. To provide Three Contracts/Evidence of related works in serving international organizations, Embassies and medium to large multinational corporations. 30pts
- The qualifications and relevant experience of personnel to be assigned (Attach CV’s of key staff to be assigned to the consultancy). 10pts
- Accreditation with relevant Association or Body. 5pts
- Provide a minimum of 5 permits and their processing time evidence and examples of permits processed, organizational sector (e.g. NGO, education, mining, health, financial) and processing times. (25pts)
Financial Evaluation (25%)
Financial evaluation will be based on least price getting the maximum points and the other offers getting financial scores which will be calculated with respect to the least price applicant. The financial proposal should be submitted with separate sealed envelope.
Because of the difference in nature of the cost structure between individual and company applicants, cost proposals will be evaluated in separate categories for individual and company applicants. FHI 360 will at its own discretion determine which will be the most economical to go with.
HOW TO APPLY:
Prospective individual/firm candidates must obtain a full Request for Proposal (Terms of Reference) from either FHI 360’s Addis Ababa or Dessie Office during the set office hours between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Applicants may send enquiries for clarifying information via [email protected] no later than 8th July 2022.
Applications (technical proposals and financial proposals) must be submitted on or before 15th July 2022 with a sealed envelope for each proposal to the Addis Ababa Office or submitted to the [email protected] email.
FHI 360 will announce the selected candidate latest 8th August 2022. The consultant’s expected start date will be in August 2022.
FHI 360Addis Ababa Office Address: Family Health International (FHI360)-Ethiopia, Gabon Road, Meskel Flower Belihu Building (Next to Arsho) Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 02, Addis Ababa, Tel +251(0) 0913-010137. House No: 502.
FHI 360 Dessie Office : Family Health International- Ethiopia, Dessie Office, Buanbua Sefer, Back to Total Gas Station-
N. B: FHI 360 may cancel this invitation at any time during the process and without bearing the obligations to disclose the reasons thereof.