The Clinton Health Access Initiative would like to procure, install, and commission PSA medical grade oxygen plants, manifolds, central or sub-central piping distribution systems
- Category : Machinery
- Posted Date : 07/06/2022
- Phone Number : 0114166993
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/15/2022
Invitation for bid (IFB # CHAI/ EM/CSP/002/22)-Extension
Tender for the procurement, delivery, installation, commissioning, and after sales support for pressure swing adsorption medical grade oxygen generation plants, manifolds, pipeline systems, and power generators at selected hospitals in Ethiopia.
Medical oxygen is a vital medicine for the management of hypoxemia or low blood oxygen in patients with severe COVID-19 and other respiratory diseases. A safe, and reliable oxygen ecosystem is essential for the delivery of basic health care services, and thus worthy of additional investment. The Ethiopian Ministry of Health (MOH) is committed to building a resilient health system that can effectively respond to public health emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic, including building a strong medical oxygen supply to increase access to patients.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work with our partners to strengthen the capabilities of governments and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. CHAI Ethiopia carries out a wide range of programs to support the Ministry of Health, Ethiopia in ensuring access to quality health services, including the sustainable provision of medical oxygen for care. CHAI Ethiopia is supporting the MoH in the procurement of oxygen PSA plants, power generators, central oxygen distribution systems and manifolds for selected hospitals forCOVID-19 response, and beyond.
The MOH, in collaboration with CHAI Ethiopia and other implementation partners, conducted a medical oxygen need assessment and analysis in select high-traffic facilities to determine current and future medical oxygen needs in the country.
The MOH, with CHAI Ethiopia support, would like to procure, install, and commission PSA medical grade oxygen plants, manifolds, central or sub-central piping distribution systems (e.g. separate oxygen distribution manifold system for critical care in the scattered building) and power generators at ten hospitals across the country (see list of hospital on table 1 below).
CHAI invites eligible bidders for the supply and installation and commission of PSA medical grade oxygen generation plants, manifolds, pipeline systems and power generators at prioritized health facilities.
Procurement bids will be considered on the basis of efficiency, cost-effectiveness, value for money and long-term sustainability of the oxygen ecosystem. This procurement request was developed in direct partnership with the Ethiopian MOH.
Objective and scope
CHAI is seeking quotes which include the procurement, installation, and commissioning of:
- A total of ten (10) PSA oxygen generation systems, each with an output capacity of 60 Nm3/hr.
- Lot 1 (Containerized solution): seven (7) of ten PSA oxygen generation systems
- All 7 systems to be placed at 7 different health facilities (HFs).
- The vendor is to present appropriate configuration for supply security (e.g., duplexing and containerized)
- Each system = 2 x +/-30NM3 fitted to customized 40ft (12m) containers for each HF
- Installation, commissioning is to include training of plant operators on site.
- Advanced industrial training using a Training of Trainers (TOT) approach for the 7 HFs (2 per facility, 2*7=14) with oxygen PSA plants + 3 RHB/PMED of a total of 17 BME/Ts.
- Lot 2 (Non-containerized solution): three (3) of ten PSA oxygen generation systems
- The vendor is to present appropriate configuration for supply security (e.g., duplexing and on-site)
- Each system 2 x +/-30NM3hr with on-site installation for each HF.
- Installation and commissioning is to include training of plant operators on site.
- Company certified training using a TOT approach with possible cascading trainings for the 3 HFs (two BME/Ts per facility 3*2=6) with oxygen PSA plants +2 RHB/PMED and total of 8 professionals
Additionally, CHAI is seeking offers for after-sales service level agreements (SLA) for the PSA plants to ensure continued quality operations over the course of two (2) years post warranty period, with the option of renewal. All planned preventive maintenance (PPM) to be covered by the SLA.
NB: The two years warranty should start from commissioning of PSA plants date.
- Lot 3: Ten (10) power generators with a capacity of 175 – 200kW/ 200-250kVA for each facility.
- Lot 4: Pipeline central distribution for medical oxygen, including manifolds and pipeline systems and labor cost for installation in ten hospitals, and ancillary equipment such as flowmeters and humidifiers.
- The warranty should cover any malfunctioning component; the vendor will be responsible for liaising with component manufacturer to ensure warranty is honored.
- The vendor should ensure availability of a continuous supply of spare parts, accessories, supplies and consumables for next five years (after warranty) with fixed USD but equivalent in Ethiopian Birr currency at the time of purchase.
Eligible Bidders are invited to participate according to the following requirements.
- Bidding will be conducted through the accordance with the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) requirements and procedure as set out in this IFB.
- As per the specifications indicated herein, interested, and eligible bidders should collect the detailed speciation documents from the address below.
- All interested bidders must have renewed license and bidder’s registration certificate from the Government of Ethiopia, Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
- Availability of stock and delivery time must be stated clearly.
- Bidders should submit technical, operational, and financial proposals. Offers should be submitted in two (2) separate envelopes and must be clearly labeled and sealed:
- Technical and operational
- Price schedule / Financial proposal
- All bid documents submitted after the cut-off date shall be rejected and returned unopened to bidders.
- Desired shipping, installation and commissioning costs should be under DDP INCOTERMS 2020.
- Document indicating previous work experience needs to be submitted.
- It shall remain the bidder’s responsibility to ensure that the quotation is submitted on or before the 15th of July 2022 deadline as indicated by CHAI, to the following address:
Address: Clinton Health Access Initiative,
Bid Document for (IFB # CHAI/ EM/CSP/002/22), Meskel Flower Road
Tel # 011 416 6993-98, Fax: 011 416 6988 and P.O. Box 3297, Code 1250,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Bids shall be opened in the presence of the bidders and/or their representatives who choose to attend in person at the Clinton Health Access Initiative office at 2:15 PM on July 15, 2022. All bids must be accompanied by a 2% Bid Security of Bank “Cashier Payment Order (CPO)” in Ethiopian Birr
- All important information is included in the detail bid document with specification and bidders are advised check all specification and requirements line by line before respond.
- In the extention of bid date, there is no change with the detailed specifications for each item, process, terms and condition, and all necessary requirements including list of hospitals in the bid document and bidders are advised to adhere to refer it.
- CHAI reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.