Action Against Hunger (AAH/ACF) is looking for competitive and experienced manual developer consultant for community level facilitators and trainees
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/09/2021
- Phone Number : 0114702394
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 10/19/2021
Call for Expression of Interest
Consultancy to develop and translate community sensitization manual on rights/entitlements for Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Netherlands funded Right2Grow project in Amhara and Oromia Region, Ethiopia.
Action Against Hunger (AAH/ACF) is a non-profit humanitarian organization which is implementing relief, rehabilitation and development programs in different parts of Ethiopia since 1985. Action Against Hunger has been registered as a Foreign Charity with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Charities and Societies Agency under registration no. 0032.
Currently, Action Against Hunger (AAH/ACF) has been implementing Right2Grow project to influence decision makers (at all levels) jointly and effectively address undernutrition in a multi-sectoral, gender-sensitive and inclusive way in Amhara region, Libokemekem and Dera Woredas; and in Oromia Region, Girawa and Bedeno Woredas through funding of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Netherlands for 5 years.
Objective of the Assignment
As part of the project intervention, AAH/ACF looking for competitive and experienced manual developer consultant for community level facilitators and trainees uses for community sensitization on rights and entitlements of the nutrition and WASH services. The following detail objectives of the manual: –
- To design and develop a comprehensive capacity building, awareness raising and sensitization facilitators manual on rights and entitlements for local community-representatives (in English version);
- To design and develop a comprehensive capacity building, awareness raising and sensitization trainees manual on rights and entitlements for local community-representatives (in English version);
- To have a translated comprehensive capacity building, awareness raising and sensitization facilitators and trainees manuals on rights and entitlements into Amharic and Oromiffa language;
Methods and procedures:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) with its Right2Grow project partnership will fix the contents/components of the manual. However, the consultant will extract major inputs from available policies in the country and global. For instance, the Ethiopian human and child right commitments, Health Policy, National Food and Nutrition policy, the Food and Nutrition Strategy; WASH program, other development plans/agenda, and budget allocation, monitoring and expenditure procedure, and other guidelines (sphere standards) applied in the country regarding Nutrition and WASH programs. The framework, contents and methodologies of the manual needs to draft based on the literacy level of the local community residing in Oromia and Amhara regions of selected Woredas.
The minimum contents and designing process of the comprehensive manuals can get from the ToR.
- Comprehensive facilitator manual in three languages (English (#2), Amharic (#3) and Oromiffa (#3)); total 8 manuals
- Comprehensive trainees manual in three languages (English (#2), Amharic (#3) and Oromiffa (#3)); total 8 manuals
However, the design of the manual expected to have at least the following contents
- Ratified Global and National Rights and entitlements of children, pregnant and lactating mothers and people with disabilities;
- Ratified Food Security, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) rights and entitlements of children, pregnant and lactating mothers and people with disabilities;
- Concepts of human rights, civil societies (CBOs/FBOs/CSOs), inclusive development, accountability, transparency and Community led development (like Citizen Voice and Action (CVA);
- Principles and standards of quality basic health, Nutrition and WASH services;
- Concept of right based programming and community participation;
- Concept of community or social networking, advocacy and lobbying;
- Tools and concept of accountability score cards, community feedback mechanism, action planning and monitoring of service delivery and accountability;
- Tools and concept of budget allocation and monitoring, community contribution (like Community Based Health Insurance, CBHI), budget expenditure tracking; and
- Concept of Health Care Financing (HCF) policy and its implementation modality;
- 4A size, Arial, 12 font, standard margin
- The cover should be water proof;
- Number of pages not more than 30-40 pages;
- Contain culturally sound and topic related pictures, symbols, colors and graphics;
- Include R2G logo and key messages;
Roles and responsibilities of the consultant
- Draft the first framework, content and methodologies of the English version of the document/manual and share to AAH Oct 29, 2021;
- Incorporate all inputs received from the partnership, technical teams and gov’t expertise;
- Translate in to Amharic and Afan Oromo languages and share to AAH by Nov 19, 2021
- Conduct field test and share findings and consider inputs;
- Share the final comprehensive manuals in English, Amharic and Oromiffa by November 30, 2021;
The consulting firm expected to submit its company profile as listed below (1-3) as minimum requirement to develop a comprehensive community sensitization manual in terms of its content, methodologies to suit with local community trainees and to translate manuals into Amharic and Oromiffa languages in specified time period November 30, 2021. The consultancy team must have the following minimum key qualifications and experiences:
- Administrative documents (Copy)
- Valid Trade Registration License
- Valid Business License
- Tax Identification number (TIN) Certificate
- Value Added Tax Certificate
- Valid License of Manual development contract (specify its grade level given by authorized gov’t office)
- Technical documents (Copy)
- Similar manual development work experiences in the past three years from different organizations including NGOs or certificate of successful completion in at least in the past three years.
- Proposed methodologies & tools fit to develop the manual, deliver the above contents and translate the contents into Amharic and Oromiffa.
- Proposed key professionals and personnel involved in the process to ensure quality and timeline;
- Cumulative volume of work for the past three years. In addition, the total threshold conduct amount should be minimum of 150,000 Ethiopian birr.
- Working experience with academia, organizations working on human rights and social accountability will be considered as advantageous;
- Flexibility level
- As per the nature of the manual the consultant should give flexibility level (in written) to include inputs from the technical team and government expertise after the first draft of the manual.
Applicants should submit their company profile that contains the above-mentioned documents from 06/10/2021 to 19/10/2021 during office working hours (8:00AM to 5:00PM) at Action Against Hunger office at Addis Ababa office through the below address.
- Action Against Hunger (ACF), represented by its office whose current address Addis Ababa Bole Sub City, Woreda 04, H. No. 533, ( Near to Chaka Coffee)
- For any clarification and/or Additional Information please use landline number for Addis Ababa office +251 114 702394 Mobile: +251984989905 and/or + 251 913460095 for operational and technical issues, respectively.
The application should contain the following: –
- A technical proposal with brief description of why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and time lines, team composition and workdays required.
- The technical proposal should also contain personal recent CV for the team members indicating professional qualifications, all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs including VAT.