Action Against Hunger Call for Expression of Interest- Consultancy to produce quality educational videos
- Category : Other Consultancy
- Posted Date : 09/10/2021
- Phone Number : 0114702394
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/24/2021
ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
Call for Expression of Interest- Consultancy to produce quality educational videos on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) in Nguenyyiel refugee camp in Gambella region for UNHCR funded project titled “Integrated Emergency Nutrition, IYCF and FSL Support to South Sudanese Refugees and Host Community in Gambella Region, Ethiopian”.
Action Against Hunger is a non-profit humanitarian organization which is implementing relief, rehabilitation and development programs in different parts of Ethiopia since 1985. Action Against Hunger has been registered as a Foreign Charity with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Charities and Societies Agency under registration no. 0032.
Action Against Hunger aims at treating and preventing acute malnutrition in a holistic approach which includes curative as well as promotion oriented, preventive interventions recently following the IYCF friendly framework that encompasses a multisector approach in addressing nutritional needs of the refugee. Prevention component includes blanket supplementary feeding program (BSFP) and the Baby Friendly Spaces approach for group and individual psychosocial support, care practices promotion and support including IYCF, mother and caregiver support groups and referral services. This integrated infant feeding counselling course is designed to give health workers the competencies required to carry out effective counselling for breastfeeding, HIV and infant feeding and complementary feeding. It is designed for health workers in primary health care services and for lay counsellors. The objective of this UHNCR funder project is to contribute to the reduction in risk of morbidity and mortality related to undernutrition among South Sudanese refugee population in Nguenyyiel camp as well as in Pagak reception center in the Gambella region, Ethiopia through increased detection and treatment of severe and moderate acute malnutrition among refugee children under five (U5) years, pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and increased access to interventions preventing under-nutrition and providing psychosocial support among refugee children, women and pregnant and lactating women. The current educational video production is part of that effort to promote, protect and support optimal IYCF practices and services.
Objective of the Assignment
The Consultant will produce four quality VIDEOs based on the IYCF cancelling protocol using local language (Nuer) with English subtitle and trained beneficiaries and staff before production. The Videos will support the health and nutrition staff particularly IYCF officers with the knowledge, skills and tools to support mothers, fathers and other caregivers to optimally feed their infants and young children. The following detail objectives of the Videos
- ü To empower beneficiaries in the basic child care practice and optimal child feeding.
- ü To be used by health workers in supporting lactating women facing challenges and a poor access to food and water especially under COVID-19 pandemic
- ü Support staff to plan, organize and conduct roll-out on the Community IYCF Counselling package
- Produce quality VIDEO (3-10 minutes length each) in local language (NUER) with English subtitle to be used for support in the provision of basic IYCF counseling in the nutrition center and community level by IYCF officers.
- Overall 4 videos will be produced with possibility of additional topic during production in strong collaboration with AAH Gambella team. Since they will be educational videos, the quality expected to be the maximum possible and able to stay for longer period of time.
- The consultant should have optimal expertise in the subject area (IYCF).
Minimum Requirementsü The contents of each video topics and script listed below. However, content and scrips and production approaches might subject to change and amendment as per the location and time context in the refugee camp.
The consulting firm expected to have sufficient experience in educational video production and a mix of qualifications, competences and experienced with a sound understanding of health and nutrition. More specifically behavioral change communication aspects of nutrition including optimal Infant and Young Child Feeding practices. The consultancy team must have the following minimum key qualifications and experiences:
- The consultant should have Bachelor degree in Health and nutrition, Psychology, sociology, WASH or related field.
- Some level of understanding of Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) approaches
- Proven experience in video production with similar projects and contexts. Applicants should provide evidences and sample products (audio-visual materials) with reference certificates
- Ability of team member/s to speak the local languages will be an asset
- Legally registered firm with renewed license and Tin Number.
- Experience in working with NGOs and development projects is an asset.
Consultants meeting the above criteria are invited to apply through the below mentioned address within 10 calendar days (12 to 24 Sept 2021 during working hours from 8.00 AM to 5.00PM).
The application should contain the following;
- A technical proposal with brief description of why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Detailed methodology, and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and time lines, team composition and work days required.
- The technical proposal should also contain personal recent CV for the team members indicating professional qualifications, all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs.
Note:-The firm should be able to submit the Sample production of previous work up on the request methodology, which is being proposed for this task.
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia Mission Addis Ababa Office Bole Sub-City, Woreda 04, H/No. 533 behind Chaka
Coffee on Mikilliland street. If you need any clarification /support, please call on the office phones: +251-114-702394.
Annex 1: Main content of the script for the production of the educational video
Title: Nutrition for pregnant and breastfeeding woman and Pregnant woman / Delivery in facility
In the video there will be pregnant and lactating mothers while taking counselling from the IYCF officer on what too feed during pregnancy and lactation. There will be different food items indicated from cereals, vegetables, fruit and other animal source locally available. For pregnant women, importance of antenatal care follow up and health facility delivery messages will be transmitted in the video while for lactating women importance of postnatal follow up and immunization key messages will be included. An introduction, main body and conclusion in each title will be included.
Topics to be covered:
Topic 2– Pregnant woman / Delivery in facilityTopic; 1– Nutrition for pregnant and breastfeeding woman
Title: Importance of exclusive breastfeeding during the first 6 months
In the video there will be lactating mother with her under six month child, while taking counselling from the IYCF officer on the importance of exclusive breast feeding. There is a grandmother trying to give water to child and the mother will convince her that is not good and no water for child till 6 month. The mother will be from the local Nuer.
Topics to be covered:
- Topic 1– During the first 6 months, your baby needs ONLY breast milk
- Topic 2- Importance of exclusive breastfeeding during the first 6 months
- Topic 3 – Breastfeed on demand, both day and night
Title: Starting Complementary Feeding when baby reaches 6 months
In the video there will be pregnant and lactating mothers while taking counselling from the IYCF officer on what too feed during pregnancy and lactation. There will be different food items indicated from cereals, vegetables, fruit and other animal source locally available. For pregnant women, importance of antenatal care follow up and health facility delivery messages will be transmitted in the video while for lactating women importance of postnatal follow up and immunization key messages will be included.
Topics to be covered:
- Topic 1– Starting Complementary Feeding when baby reaches 6 months
- Topic 2– Complementary feeding from 6 up to 9 months
- Topic 3- Complementary feeding from 9 up to 12 months
- Topic 4 – Complementary feeding from 12 up to 24 months
Title: Optimal family planning and growth monitoring
In the video there will be a mother, father and child need to be illustrated while taking counselling from health worker at health center local Nuer and with local Nuer language. In part two there will be mother at Nutrition center for child growth monitoring. Part three while the mother is measuring at home for MUAC.
Topics to be covered:
- Topic 1– Optimal family planning promotes improved health and survival for both mother and child
- Topic 2– Regular growth monitoring and promotion
- Topic 3– Monitor your child nutritional at home
The detail content of the script for each topic can be requested from Action Against Hunger Addis Ababa Office.