Action Against Hunger would like to invite all interested, eligible and qualified consulting firm
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 07/01/2021
- Phone Number : 0114702394
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/14/2021
ETHIOPIA MISSION ACTION AGAINST HUNGER
Call for Expression of Interest- Consultancy to Document Lessons Learned, Good Practices and Success Stories for OFDA Funded Integrated life-saving emergency response project in Waghimra zones of Amhara region and, Borena and Wollega zone of Oromia regions
Action Against Hunger is a non-profit humanitarian organization which is implementing relief, rehabilitation and development programs in different parts of Ethiopia since 1985. Action Against Hunger has been registered as a Foreign Charity with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Charities and Societies Agency under registration no. 0032.
Action Against Hunger is planning to assessment and document the lessons learned, good practices and success stories of OFDA funded integrated life-saving emergency response project experience in Waghimra, Borena and Wollega zones of Amhara and Oromia regions. Hence, Action Against Hunger would like to invite all interested, eligible and qualified companies to participate in this open call for expression of interest.
1) Objectives of the Assignment
The assignment will have the following specific objectives:
- To document success stories, good practices and lessons learned (what works well and what not) over the project implementation period with representative selection of project components with a focus on changes in improved practices, access to improved basic health and nutrition services, safe drinking water and improved sanitation livelihood and disaster risk management at household and community levels.
- To document the contribution of the projects in building the capacity of local government partners, health and community institutions at different levels.
- To draw key emerging lessons and document good practices and success stories how the result framework and approaches of the project have been translated into practice in a changing external context.
- Produce knowledge products by assessing the Project implementation approach: What is special about it? How can it inform programming of resilience building projects in the future? What are the success factors?
- Produce evidences for policy and strategy influencing and funding the resilience building
2) Minimum Requirements
The consulting firm expected to have a mix of qualifications, competences and experienced team that will ensure a good balance between social research and humanitarian analysis with a sound understanding of food security, WASH, health and nutrition. Ensure coverage for all major project components in the area of Health, Nutrition, Agricultural and livestock, Food security, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene with a sound understanding of cross cuttings issues such as gender equity as well as the complementarity, synergy among different interventions and with other ongoing projects. The consultancy team must have the following key qualifications and experiences:
- The lead consultant should have a minimum Master’s degree in rural development with very good knowledge of food security and livelihood, Health and nutrition, and WASH sector with good acquaintance of national and international standards and procedures.
- The proposed team must include professionals from the field of public health, rural development/ Agricultural economics/food security and livelihoods and Water and sanitation with relevant degrees.
- Proven experience in undertaking qualitative studies and producing lessons learned good practices and success stories, in similar projects and context. Applicants should provide evidences and sample products (published materials, audio-visual materials, credentials, etc.) with reference certificates.
- Good Knowledge of food security and livelihoods, WASH, health and nutrition interventions.
- Knowledge and experience in documenting lessons learned and case studies for humanitarian projects.
- Ability of team members to speak the local languages will be an asset and the team leader should be fully multilingual (English, Amharic and Oromiffa)
- Ability to write, review, and edit reports, prepare and conduct presentations.
- Experienced in/ familiarity with the local context of project implementation areas (Waghimra, Borena and Wollega zones)
- Legally registered firm with renewed license and Tin Number.
- Experience in working with NGOs and development projects is an asset.
- 3. Application Procedure
Consultants meeting the above criteria are invited to apply through the below mentioned address within 10 calendar days (5th to 14th July 2021 during working hours from 8.00AM to 5.00PM).
The application should contain the following:-
- A technical proposal with brief description of why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Detailed methodology, and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and time lines, team composition and work days required.
- The technical proposal should also contain personal recent CV for the team members indicating professional qualifications, all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs including a separate sub-total for the video documentation.
Note:–The firm should be able to submit the Sample of previous work up on the request. Ideally, the sample learning documentation including video production would be one that used the same methodology, which is being proposed for this task.
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia Mission Addis Ababa Office Bole Sub-City, Woreda 04, H/No. New, behind Chaka Coffee on Mikilliland street.
If you need any clarification /support, please call on the office phones: +251-114-702394.