ActionAid Ethiopia invites all eligible consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 05/25/2021
- Phone Number : 0114654671
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/09/2021
Invitation for Bids
Issued By ActionAid Ethiopia
Bid Category Consultancy service -Final Evaluation of The ActionAid Women’s Rights
Programme in Ethiopia (Guna, Amhara Region and Kefa Zone, Decha ,SNNPR)
ActionAid Ethiopia (AAE) is an international Gender Justice, Good Governance and Poverty Eradication organization. AAE builds capacities to create people agencies of critical mass of communities especially Women, Girls and Young People living in poverty and exclusion to fulfil their rights, ensure redistribution of resources and build their resilience.
We prioritize to work with Women, Girls and Young People and their organizations, networks, civil society organizations, national and local government and other allies to overcome gender injustice and structural causes of poverty. AAE envisions a just, equitable and sustainable Ethiopia, in which every person enjoys the right to a life of dignity and, freedom from poverty. To this end addressing the structural causes of violence against women and girls and promoting economic alternatives for women are key thematic areas AAE is prioritizing.
ActionAid Ethiopia, with the financial support from IrishAid which is facilitated through ActionAid Ireland has been implementing a multi-country Women’s Rights Programme phase 2 focusing on addressing Violence against Women and Girls, and Economic Security for women in Guna, Amhara Region and Kefa Zone, Decha in SNNPR. The main objective of the programme is to ensure that women and girls living in poverty and affected by exclusion are supported by the community and systems actors to enjoy lives safe from violence and more secure livelihoods. The programme has been implemented over six years (2017-2022). The overall objective of the programme evaluation is to generate knowledge from our experience of implementing the Women’s Rights Programme to address violence against women and girls, improve women’s livelihoods, and improve understanding among the Irish public of overseas development aid. The evaluation envisions multicounty review by Meta Evaluator based on the findings of national evaluation reports.
Thus, ActionAid Ethiopia invites all eligible consultants to participate in the biding process to undertake national evaluation in close coordination with the Meta evaluators.
- Required expertise and qualifications.
Both the country and meta evaluators shall have the following expertise and qualifications:
- At least master’s degree in Public Policy, International Development, Development
Economics/Planning, Economics, International Relations/ Diplomacy, or any other relevant university degree.
- Extensive expertise, knowledge, and experience in the field of development, aid effectiveness, and knowledge of behaviour change methodologies.
- An understanding of female lived experience and in what ways this differs from the experience of males in communities, families, labour allocation, incomes, and social relations.
- From 7 to 10 years’ experience in working with international organisations and donors.
- Knowledge and understanding of international and country-level implementation of social development programmes.
- Experience of project formulation and evaluation.
- Experiencing and track record in evaluating public programmes/campaigns (requirement for public engagement evaluator).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- ActionAid Ethiopia (hereafter referred to as “the Organization’) now invites wax-sealed bids from interested eligible bidders for the final evaluation described above.
- Complete sets of the bidding documents may be accessed at ActionAid Ethiopia Addis Ababa Office Debre Zeit road, inside CCRDA compound (Kality, in front of Kality drivers training center) upon request starting from 1st day of the announcement.
- Eligible Bidders can collect bid document and must indicate clearly the title of the study they are Competing. The bidders should attach their VAT registration and TIN Number registration certificate.
- The dates for submission of tender document are on the 15 calendar days (consecutive days) from the first day of the issue of this announcement on Reporter Magazine at or before 2:00 PM (bid closing time).
- The bidder must provide complete set of technical document and financial documents separately.
- Bid opening date will be on the same day of bid closing at 2:30 P.M. If there is public holiday on this date the closing and opening of the bid will take place on the next working day at the same time and venue.
- Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding document at: – ActionAid Ethiopia., Tel, 0114654671
- The Employer reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
ActionAid Ethiopia, Addis Ababa