ActionAid Ethiopia invites wax-sealed bids from interested eligible bidders for the baseline study
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 05/25/2021
- Phone Number : 0114654671
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/10/2021
Issued By ActionAid Ethiopia
Bid Category Baseline Study on Gender Data Generation, Usage and Tracking and on Working
Models of Women Economic Empowerment
ActionAid Ethiopia (AAE) is an international Gender Justice, Good Governance and Poverty Eradication organization. AAE builds capacities to create people agencies of critical mass of communities especially Women, Girls and Young People living in poverty and exclusion to fulfil their rights, ensure redistribution of resources and build their resilience. We prioritize to work with Women, Girls and Young People and their organizations, networks, civil society organizations, national and local government and other allies to overcome gender injustice and structural causes of poverty. AAE envisions a just, equitable and sustainable Ethiopia, in which every person enjoys the right to a life of dignity and, freedom from poverty. To this end addressing the structural causes of violence against women and girls and promoting economic alternatives for women are key thematic areas AAE is prioritizing. Currently, AAE is implementing a 2 years grant entitled ‘East Africa Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Evidence Advocacy and Communications Hub’ the goal of which is to elevate WEE as a national priority by ensuring evidence which emerges on WEE is translated and packaged into clear policy asks, mobilized through local advocacy organizations, and ultimately driven into policy change to advance women’s economic empowerment. The investment is granted by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and is being implemented in collaboration with ActionAid USA, and AAI Kenya and AAI Uganda, and ActionAid International.
This ToR is developed with the intent of setting baseline information on the capacities, needs, opportunities and challenges of WEE actors, including government and CSOs, to generate, use, and track gender data and on assessing working models for WEE.
Objective – Increased generation and use of gender data on what works to advance women’s economic empowerment to inform policy and programs by increasing the capacities of WROs and key gov’t actors.
I. Scope of the Assessment
The assessment looks into the trends, opportunities and challenges of WEE actors on gender data generation, usage, tracking and reporting. Geographically, the assessment focuses in Addis Ababa to capture the data in the urbanized and with high concentration of interventions as Capital City. Moreover, it seeks to see the WEE dimensions in pastoralist and agrarian communities in Oromiya, Amhara, Afar and Somalia Regional states. The focus will be in regional towns where WEE actors are believed to concentrate. To reach to grassroots WEE structures, 2 woredas with in a region will be identified in consultation with key actors. Africa region economic models to scale up will also be assessed.
Final report must be completed within 60 consecutive days from the signing of contract.
The firm is expected to come up with feasible methodology, considering the background information, the objective of the assessment and other deliverables. AAE encourages consideration of the feminist research principles and intersectional feminist analysis tools and approaches in designing the methodology.
III. Consultancy Expertise and Qualifications
The lead consultant must be Senior Expert, preferably a feminist researcher with proved experience of research is key. The lead holds a minimum of Ph.D./ Master’s degree in Gender, Economics, Human rights, Law, Development Study, Rural Development or related subject with practical knowledge.
Qualifications must include:
- A minimum 5+ years in designing and implementing research projects, program evaluations/surveys and data analysis in development & rights promotion with women & girls’ agencies
- Management of micro and macro data analysis on gender issues preferably on WEE
- Experience in gender data analysis and audits; economic interpretations;
- Proven track records in leading study teams and producing quality reports.
- Proven knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in digital data collection tools and software
- Extensive quantitative research and data analysis experience using statistical software’s(SPSS, Stata, SAS and others)
- Expertise in facilitating qualitative data collection and analyzing qualitative data using rigorous techniques/content analysis.
- Expertise in designing statistically significant & representative sampling strategies across multiple strata, including cluster sampling, stratified sampling techniques.
- Proven ability to work with community, CSOs and Ethiopian government stakeholders
- Excellent English writing skills required in the study team (report writer)
- English and relevant sampled regional languages are required.
- ActionAid Ethiopia (hereafter referred to as “the Organization’) now invites wax-sealed bids from interested eligible bidders for the baseline study described above.
- Complete sets of the bidding documents may be accessed at ActionAid Ethiopia Addis Ababa Office Debre Zeit road, inside CCRDA compound (Kality, in front of Kality drivers training center) upon request starting from 1st day of the announcement.
- Eligible Bidders can collect bid document and must indicate clearly the title of the study they are Competing. The bidders should attach their VAT registration and TIN Number registration certificate.
- The dates for submission of tender document are on the 15th calendar day (consecutive days) from the first day of the issue of this announcement on Reporter Magazine at or before 2:00 PM (bid closing time).
- The bidder must provide complete set of technical document and financial documents separately.
- Bid opening date will be on the same day of bid closing at 2:30 P.M. If there is public holiday on this date the closing and opening of the bid will take place on the next working day at the same time and venue.
- Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding document at: – ActionAid Ethiopia., Tel, 0114654671
- The Organization reserves the right to reject any or all bids.