Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada invites Interested consultancy firms or team of experts
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 09/17/2021
- Phone Number : 0911239149
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/24/2021
Cooperative Development Foundation of Canada, Ethiopia Officer,
Invitation For Consultancy: Gender Training For 4R Project Staff
The 4R-Nutrient Stewardship Project is a 5-year project seeking to improve the socio-economic wellbeing of 40,000 smallholder farmers living in selected eight kebeles of Minjar Shenkora Woreda. The project will Enhance sustainable production using climate smart, best farm management practices, increased value chain access and integration by women and men coop members in the targeted areas. It will also enhance representation and influence of women in leadership positions & decision-making bodies. Finally, the project will increase integration of gender sensitive 4R principles in relevant standards and policies globally and nationally.
Purpose: to inculcate in staff the knowledge, attitude and behavior needed to drive institutional gender transformation. It is also aimed at equipping project staff with the knowledge and skills of gender responsive /transformative project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
Scope of work
the specific tasks are as follows:
- Draft a three-day participatory training module on gender mainstreaming for field based 4R project staff.
- Facilitate the training for 3 (three)
- Prepare & submit the report of the trainings (by incorporating suggestions/ comments on the draft report)
Required skills and competencies
- Post-graduate degree in relevant academic fields.
- At least 7-10 years of experience and track record to conduct the gender related training using human rights based, gender mainstreaming approaches with participatory methodologies. While it will also consider the gender transformative approach as a core area;
- Have clear and in-depth understanding on the social and gender issues of rural Ethiopia and the agriculture sector. (Preferably Amhara Region)
- Have experience in conducting training for various levels and mixed groups participants (different academic background)
- Have knowledge and understanding on international and national policies and conventions on women’s rights
- Sound knowledge on gender mainstreaming in project cycle is preferable
- Excellent analytical, report writing and communication
Interested consultancy firms or team of experts can collect the terms of reference and submit their technical and financial proposals on from September 20-24, 2021. The application should be hand delivered to the address provided below
CDF Canada Office Address
Location: Kazanchis Garad building next to Elily International hotel, third floor