Cordaid invites interested and eligible consultant
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 09/06/2022
- E-mail : procurementET@cordaid.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/20/2022
Terms of Reference (TOR)
“Assessment to identify the major gaps for accurate and timely weather/climate information forecasting and generate measures in Borena Zone, Oromia region.”
The objective of this consultancy
Generally, the objective of this consultancy service is to assess and identify the current major weaknesses and strengths in accurate and timely weather/climate information forecasting, its dissemination mechanisms, and its application for increasing the resilience of local communities to the impact of different extreme weather events. The consultancy should also generate/propose measures to be taken as possible solutions.
Moreover, the assessment aims to identify the underlying drivers of climate-related vulnerabilities in pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in selected woredas of Borena Zone and neighbouring Zones [such as Guji Zone] of the Oromia region.
The scope of the consultancy
Under the direct supervision of Cordaid’s Humanitarian Programme Manager, the consultant will work directly in support of HUNDEE/Cordaid program staff at Borena Zone and collaborate with a range of partners including Borena Zone Disaster Risk Management Office, National Meteorological Institute, Local research centres and Universities, Traditional forecasters, Local communities, and joint response partners.
The assessment will:
- An Inception Report.
- A draft assessment reports.
- Proposed actions and practical measures.
- Validation Workshop
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in development studies, Environmental Science & Policy, Environmental Economics, Meteorological Sciences, Environmental Law, or related discipline, Ph. D is a plus.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in climate change management (adaptation or mitigation) especially in pastoralist areas and livelihood sectors.
- Work experience in Weather or Climate information dissemination modalities, particularly in Pastoralist communities of Oromia or Somali regions.
- Experience with environmental assessment and policy analysis and reforms especially involving climate change and its impacts among pastoralist and semi-pastoralist communities of the country.
- Work experience in climate risk management/ disaster risk reduction work and research.
Proposals must be submitted in two sealed envelopes, one original Technical, and one original Financial Separately, bearing an official company seal, and clearly marked by the name, address, and the reference number and title as stated above. In-person to the Cordaid Ethiopia Country Office before or on 04:00 pm September 20th, 2022.
Interested candidates should request full ToR documents through the following email: procurementET@cordaid.org