Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE) invites consulting firms to conduct baseline survey
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 06/05/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number : 0115538944
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/22/2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
#For the Preparation of Baseline Study of Rural Financial Intermediation Program III (RUFIP III)
Grant/Loan No. 2000003210/2000003211
Reference No. IFAD/RUFIPIII/DBE/ NCB/CS/01/2020/21
Sector: Consultancy Service.
Program: Rural Financial Intermediation Program III (RUFIP III)
Assignment: To Conduct Baseline Study for Rural Financial Intermediation Program (RUFIP III).
Development Bank of Ethiopia (DBE) is one of the state-owned financial institutions engaged in providing project finance for projects and lease financing for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to support overall economic development of the country.
DBE has received finance from International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) towards the cost of RUFIP III and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the requirement of consulting service, for which this REOI is issued.
RUFIP III program aims to improved livelihoods and reduced vulnerability and poverty in Ethiopia. The program is expected to increase the incomes and assets of small farmers and the rural population by expanding and enhancing inclusive and sustainable rural financial services. DBE now invites expression of interest (EOIs) from legally constituted consulting firms to conduct baseline survey. More details on these consulting services are provided in the term of reference.
The main purpose of this consultancy work is to conduct baseline study for Rural Financial Intermediation Program III (RUFIP III) thereby assessing activities carried out in the households that contribute to the improvement of the social and economic conditions of resource poor and vulnerable rural households.
Objective of the Consultancy:
- The overall objective of this consultancy is to design data collection methodologies and collect data on all indicators of the project as described in the Logical Framework of RUFIP III. The baseline study will provide the benchmarks against which any changes resulting from the project interventions and results will be measured including later impact assessments.
- To collect, analyse and present baseline data at the objective, output and outcome level (based on the project log frame) so as to allow efficient measurement of project impact throughout the lifespan of the project;
- To present baseline data of the relevant MFIs and RUSACCOs and their Unions as well as their respective customers pertaining to the project;
The baseline study will be designed to provide DBE with sufficient inputs and feedback that will be used for the upcoming Program completion report of RUFIP III. The study will also have value for focusing discussion among a range of stakeholders in Ethiopia about future investment support for rural financial inclusion. Moreover, the impact study is expected to assess the extent to which project activities were implemented and contributed to the achievement of project goals and strategic objectives.
The objective of the EOI is to shortlist consultants who would be invited to submit detailed technical and financial tenders for conducting the baseline study.
- This baseline study evaluation requires a competent consultancy firm with substantial professional experience in a relevant field with proven research and analytical skills in designing baseline and other evaluation studies or needs assessment to measure indicators and Have a good experience in designing and conducting surveys at household level and undertaking of interviews and FGDs. Development Bank of Ethiopia invites qualified research, training and academic institutions (Resource Organizations) or consulting firms to indicate their interest to conduct the baseline assessment. The following are required from the interested Resource Organization or Consultancy firm:
- Profile of the company, its organization and staffing. In case of associations between two or more firms, the name and address and profile of the participating firm and nature of the association such as joint venture or subcontract should be stated. In the case of an association, all members of such ‘association’ should have real and well-defined inputs to the assignment and the same should be detailed in the EOI submitted. The lead firm should be clearly identified.
- Demonstrate its technical competence and experience in previous assignments of similar nature and or related consultancy services undertaken in the previous 3 years, experience in similar conditions, general qualification and experience and number of key staff available for the tasks, renewed appropriate license, etc.).
Organization/Consulting Firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in development Bank of Ethiopia procurement directive. Short listing of firms will be conducted on the basis of an assessment of the firm’s profile, experience and competencies of proposed resource persons. The final selection of the organization to conduct the study shall be based on a Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method through Request for Proposals.
All pages of the EOI proposal document should be numbered, dated, signed, stamped and the stamp of the organization should be sealed near the authorized signatory on all pages. The application should be signed by authorized person. Additional sheets to be attached by the applicant should also be numbered and submitted as a package with signed letter.
All costs associated with the preparation and submission of EOI proposal shall be covered by the applicant.
Documents Required from Applicants
- a) Certified copy of valid registered VAT;
- b) Certified copy of valid Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- c) Renewed trade license for fiscal year;
- d) Valid Tax clearance certificate;
- e) Income tax returns of the last three years;
- f) Professional salary income tax payment evidences and
- g) The average annual turnover for the last three (3) business year of the bidder must exceed Or equal to Birr 100,000.00 or equivalent.
The consultant shall not have any actual, potential or reasonably perceived conflict of interest. Consultant or their respective personnel or affiliates with an actual, potential or reasonably perceived a conflict of interest shall be disqualified.
The applicant may furnish any additional information which he/she thinks is necessary to reflect his/her capability to undertake the envisaged consultancy service.
Interested consulting firms may obtain further information from DBE Head Office, External Fund and Credit Management Directorate Procurement Team, Tower II, 5TH floor, Tel. +251 11 5538944 or +251 11 5506020, ext. 343/204; Fax +251 11 553 7982.
The EOI and all documentations shall be submitted in English, One original and one copy.
Expressions of interest (EOIs) shall be submitted into the tender box prepared for this purpose on or before June 22, 2021 at 4:00 P.M (in the afternoon) at the Development Bank of Ethiopia Head Office Tower II, Ground floor or via mail to Mr. Abdulaziz said, email email@example.com , please copy to firstname.lastname@example.org ,email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , and email@example.com EOIs shall be closed on the same date. Late submissions shall be rejected.