EAS invites qualified and interested consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 05/25/2021
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Phone Number : 0112590930
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/14/2021
Ethiopian Academy of Sciences is posting this notice to deploy an individual consultant who can design communication materials under a broad theme Population and Development based on evidences generated by the Academy and/or other relevant sources. Qualified consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Academy’s Guidelines.
EAS invites qualified and interested individuals to submit their proposal and expression of interest along with updated CV (explaining previous accomplishments, qualifications, and competencies relevant to the assignment and sample previous products) in person to the Academy’s office before or on June 14, 2021. While the technical proposal could be submitted by email, however, financial proposal should be submitted signed and sealed in person.
EAS office is located around St Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College, Gulele Sub-City Woreda 9, House No. 199, Telephone: +251-112- 595745, P.O.BOX 32228
The email subject should be indicated as EoI Design of Communication Materials
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below.
Ethiopian Academy of Sciences:
- Organizational Profile:
The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) was first founded on March 27, 2010 by a group of prominent scholars drawn from a variety of disciples and professions and launched on April 10, 2010. The mandate of EAS is to provide evidence-based advice to the Government, to promote culture of science among the public and to promote the development of the sciences and their applications. EAS carries out its mandate by undertaking consensus studies, publishing reports, organizing conferences, public lectures and workshops on issues deemed to be nationally important.
2.Background of the Assignment
Ethiopia as a country undergoing a demographic and economic transition, there’s a strong need to have a healthy, knowledgeable & skillful citizen, and to create job opportunities that could accommodate the increasing number of the working age population. Additionally, a concerted effort is needed towards women empowerment and gender equality in all socio-economic and political environments. With successful interventions in these key areas, Ethiopia is expected to achieve accelerated economic growth in few decades.
The communication materials EAS is planning to produce is expected to capture and communicate the key facts and evidences in the area of population and development such as women empowerment, youth employability, and population and development interplay, etc.
The Academy is therefore pleased to invite qualified and interested consultants to send their expression of interest to participate in the production of the communication materials.
3. Objective of the Assignment
The objective of this assignment is to advance the reach and accessibility of evidences, on population and development, by utilizing various communication channels.
- Inception report/s detailing the process and outline of the development of the communication materials
- Draft Communication materials to be validated by the Academy and other key stakeholders
- Design and production of Information and communication materials for various audience such as infographics, video, printed materials, etc.
4.Scope of the Assignment
The consultant will be responsible to participate in deliberating on the themes, lead on content writing, layout and design of the communication materials to be produced. She/he will also compile the documents and other sources referred for EAS documentation.
6.Key Tasks and Qualifications of Consultants
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct background and subject review of the issue under concern
- Consult the Academy team for the communication themes or messages to be conveyed
- Identify and proposes storylines to be developed and disseminated through different channels including fact sheet, video, on outstanding population and development issues
- In order to develop the fact sheet and other print materials (as to be proposed by the consultant), he/she is expected to extract relevant data needed for design and production from written content
- Work layout and design of the communication materials using the appropriate software
- Advice on production/printing of communications materials and publications (print or electronic/digital)
- A very good understanding of Ethiopia’s population and development dynamics
- Experience in the creation of development communication materials
- Advanced knowledge in concept and application of specific graphic design assets, including info graphics/factsheet (for print and digital), data visualization, and animation (as applicable).
- A strong ability to identify, collect, analyze, and interpret data sets
- Knowledge and experience in data visualization and reporting packages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A very good analytical skill with attention to detail
- Strong ability to articulate the content, format, and work layout & design
- Excellent skill to create composition and attractive visuals for a range of audiences
- Ability to produce a ready to print bilingual document (English and Amharic)
- Experience in designing and printing of information and communication materials for different stakeholders/audiences.
- Demonstrated capacity and skill in designing, drafting contents, editing, production, and illustration.
- Previously implemented at least 3 similar projects
- A minimum of BA degree in communication and related field. Academic background in Demography, Development Study, economics or related field is an advantage
The whole assignment is expected to be executed with in a maximum period of 3 months