Ethiopian Institute of Peace wants to procure a 4 Doors Pick-Up double cab vehicle.
- Category : Vehicle Purchase
- Posted Date : 10/26/2022
- Phone Number : 0116612271
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/10/2022
Ethiopian Institute of Peace
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
For procurement of: Pick-up 5-seater vehicle
Issuance Date: October 26, 2022
Dead line and time for receiving Offers: 10 /11/ 2022
EIP wants to procure a 4 Doors Pick-Up double cab vehicle. For that it requests from legally registered vehicle dealer’s duty-free quotation for 1 new 5-seater vehicle for its field operation in accordance with the specifications listed on this RFQ.
Pick-up double cab
|1||· Engine Type: – Cylinder in line
· Fuel type: – Diesel
· Number of cylinders: – 4
· Displacement (cc): – 2393
· Max power kW/rpm: -110/3400
· Max power HP/rpm: -150/3400
· Max torque Nm: – 400/1600-2000
· Fuel Tank: Capacity 80 L
· Gearbox: Automatic
· Ground Clearance: 310 (mm)
· Wheel Base: 3085 (mm)
· Power Seats: Driver and Passenger
· Tire Size: 265/65R17
· Air Condition: Manual
· Air Bag: Driver and Passenger
· Fog Lamps: Front
Instructions to Offerors
Number of Quotes per Offeror: Only one quote per firm will be accepted.
Quote of Statement of Compliance: Vendors are to offer a standard product exactly or closely matching the specifications mentioned in the RFQ
Source Origin and Nationality Requirements: Please state the source and origin of the product.
Prices: Prices should be fixed and it includes all cost of the transportation of vehicle up to EIP office in Addis Ababa.
Currencies: Prices shall be stated in Birr or USD, duty free.
Language: The quote, as well as all correspondence and documents relating to the offer shall be in English.
Quotes shall remain valid for 60 calendar days from the due date for receipt of quotes. In exceptional circumstances, prior to expiry of the original offer validity period, EIP may request that the offeror extend the period of validity for a specified additional period. Offeror agreeing to the request will not be required to modify their quote.
Preparation and Submission of Quotes
Late quotes will not be considered or accepted.
Preparation and Submission of Quotes
Quotes shall be submitted in person, the Technical Proposal and Financial (price) quotation separately in WAX SEALED envelope to:
Administration and Finance Department
Ethiopian Institute of Peace (EIP)
Address: Yeka Sub city, Wereda 06 House Number 056, (Kazanchis Enderasse Area)
- O. Box: 41879
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
On or before 10/11/2022, 5:00 P.M.
Due Date and Time for Submission of Quotes
- Quotes must be received by EIP no later than the due date and time as shown on the cover sheet of this RFQ. EIP may, at its discretion, extend the due date and time for the submission of quotes by amending this RFQ.
Evaluation of Quotes
All qualified bidders are encouraged to submit a bid. Qualified bidders are those that are registered and have been licensed to supply vehicles, producer or wholesaler of the vehicles with the inclusion of copies of the following documents with their bids:
- Valid Business License
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- VAT registration certification
- An authenticated statement of place of business
- Contact person
- Mail and email address
- Telephone numbers
- Manufacturer Authorisation to supply & distribute vehicle to Ethiopian market
- Manufacturer Warranty from Authorisation for issuing warranty
- Reference of other Purchase or customers minimum reference letters or certificate
Evaluation of bid will be made on technical and financial evaluation. More specifically, quotes will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Overall responsiveness of the quote
- Confirmation to product specifications
- Total price
- Timeliness of delivery
- Past performance showing supply of vehicles in the past in the country.
- Availability of local workshop for maintenance and service facilities or arrangement for after sales service and availability of spare parts.
- Warranty period
Offeror should provide the details of their local distributor in country who will perform the full PDI (Pre- Delivery Inspection). The warranty service covers minimum 2 years or 50,000 kilometers whichever comes first for the pickup. The supplier should demonstrate that it has well equipped service facilities OR arrangement for undertaking after sales services and sufficient supply and availability of spare parts for the vehicle.
EIP reserves the right to inspect a successful bidder’s facilities before making a final decision. EIP shall not be responsible for any cost incurred by the vendor for the preparation of quotation or any other related costs. EIP has the right to cancel this bid in whole or partially if found such decision will serve its best interest.
Information for Offerors
Clarification of Quotes
During evaluation of the quotes, EIP may, at its discretion, ask the offeror for a clarification of their quotes. Clarifications are limited to exchanges of information with a Firm to resolve minor or clerical errors; they do not offer an opportunity for a Firm to modify or change an offer.
EIP is not obligated to make an award by virtue of having issued this solicitation. Any award is predicated on EIP receiving funding for this express purpose from USAID. EIP can only make an award if the product fully complies with the technical specifications mentioned in the agreement terms. EIP may make an award to a single offeror should such an award be advantageous to EIP. Alternatively, EIP may make awards to different offerors should such multiple awards be more advantageous to EIP. Any award(s) will be made to the responsible offeror whose offer(s) has/have been determined to be most advantageous to EIP. EIP reserves the right to cancel or reject the offer, in part or the whole as deemed best serve its interest.
Information submitted in response to this RFQ will be kept confidential.
- Ordering – Instructions on order processing will be issued at contract award.
- Delivery Date and place of delivery: Delivery date is no later than 45 days after placing order and the place of delivery is EIP Office in Addis Ababa.
Bid will be opened on November 16, 2022 at 10: 00 a.m.