Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Supreme Council are looking to recruit consultant from registered and licensed consulting firm
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/24/2021
- Phone Number : 0114664941
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 08/27/2021
Terms of Reference for
Bid / Peace Building Teaching Guideline (theological Reflection writing) for Licensed Consultants
Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Supreme Council established the Ethiopian Muslims Development Agency, EMDA, as its development wing in November 2000. EMDA was re-registered with Charities and Societies Agency of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in 2009 with registration # 0374 and recently on march 20,2020, Re-registered with the registration number 0374 and licensed in accordance with the new CSO proclamation as board lead local faith-based organization.
Ever since its establishment it has been engaged in many social development programs in collaboration with government, CBOs, FBOs, International and local NGOs. It operates as Local non-governmental organization.
The role of religious leaders is very significant in restoring our religious values that elevate Human Being high above any other creations irrespective of his /her color ,race ,religion ,ethnicity and any other identities ,through harnessing the importance of mutual respect and coexistence as ordained by Creator and reveled to Humanity in our respective scripture and translated in to action through the chosen messengers of creator who showed us light to follow their footsteps ,Hence it is the high time for religious leaders to act as a change agents being forefront in changing the attitudes of their respective congregations. Thus, Ethiopian Muslims Development Agency, the development wing of Ethiopian Islamic Affairs Supreme Council has proposed to intervene in peace building program in collaboration with the supreme council using the structure and the potentials and influence of Islamic scholars at different level at selected project areas in collaboration with inter faith actors with technical and financial support obtained from Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and it’s international partners
Although EMDA/EIASC has well established organizational structure, vision, mission, goal and objectives, it has several limitations in terms of implementing peace building programs thus needs strengthening the peace unit through capacity building (re-establishing ,equipping and filling the unit’s gaps with technical and professional capacity building endeavors so that EMDA/EIASC Can have the full capacity that is required to fully implement its current undergoing peace building programs, therefore as important part of capacity building EMDA/EIASC Needs to have peace building teaching guideline in Islamic and secular perspective for its current community level peace building program implementation endeavor.
Scope of Work
We are looking to recruit consultant from registered and licensed consulting firm which works on specific assignments with regard to the preparation of the peace building teaching guideline in Islamic/secular perspective in consultation with Ethiopian Islamic Affairs supreme council Islamic scholars.
Tasks may include:
The overall assignment is
- To lead and engage in full document writing (peace building teaching guideline in Islamic and secular perspective Draft preparation) leading to the development of a full document in line with Ethiopian Muslims development Agency’s peace building project document.
- Draft document validation with Islamic Affairs supreme council’s renowned Islamic scholars. (Facilitate and conduct validation workshop)
- Translation and publication of the document in Oromiffa and Amharic Languages
- Facilitate and conduct Dissemination work shop as a part of finalization of the document.
- Write Report on preparation or writing the guideline
Timely delivery of the document is within 2-3 weeks of after Bid closer and Notification of the Bid winner and contractual agreement with the winner
Specifically, from August 31to September 25,2021
1-First Draft document
2-Second draft with comments on document after validation workshop
3-All necessary workshop outputs: -Photos, videos and audios and transcript audio comments given by workshop participants
4-Cleaned and finalized Guideline (Teaching Guideline) in Amharic and Oromiffa Languages.
5- Provide summary report on learnings from the process and ways to improve process for future peace building teaching guideline further improvement
Essential/Core competencies for the consultancy assignment
- The consultant should be from registered and licensed consulting firm.
- The consultant is expected to have second degree in relevant field of study
- Political Science, peace and security, social work, sociology, social anthropology, Islamic theology (Islamic jurisprudence) with the previous or hands on experience of preparing (writing) teaching guidelines and project document.
And with working experience of 2-3 years
- Or the consultant is expected to have first degree in political Science, peace and security, social work, sociology, social anthropology, Islamic theology (Islamic jurisprudence)
- And with working experience of above 5 years with the previous or hands on experience of preparing (writing) teaching guidelines and project documents
- Consultant is required to submit renewed license and updated tax document
Candidates with Islamic jurisprudence and secular knowledge of peace building program and previous or hands on experience of preparing (writing) teaching guidelines and project documents is desired
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications enclosed in technical and financial document starting from Monday August 23-27,2021 at
Ethiopian Muslims Development Agency Headquarter office located at woreda 1 kirkose sub city, House No -479
Telephone Number: +251114664941 Office
Mobile Phone: +251980156139