Ethiopian Mineral Petroleum and Biofuel Corporation (EMPBC) invites competent and eligible Consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/03/2022
- Phone Number : 0118699842
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/15/2022
Invitation to International Competitive Bid
Bid Reference: EMPBC/ OT/ICB/con/ 001/22
Deadline to submit your offer: no later than 10:00 AM on Sep 15, 2022. Subject: Consultancy Service for Feasibility study on Kaolin Deposit
Ethiopian Mineral Petroleum and Biofuel Corporation (EMPBC) is a pioneer state-owned mining company in Ethiopia with over 60 years of industry experience. EMPBC is the only processed kaolin producer and supplier in Ethiopia since 1991. Currently, EMPBC is aspiring to be a catalyst for the Home-Grown Economic Agenda realization and increase the mineral sector’s contribution to the national economy by designing its interventions on selected strategic mineral commodity development for import substitution, export diversification, job creation and revenue generation. Establishment of a new and competitive Kaolin plant with diversified application outputs to meet the growing industry demand is one of the prioritized interventions for the coming year.
Therefore, in order to achieve the objective, EMPBC invites competent and eligible Consultants with proven experience on the subject to undertake a comprehensive feasibility study on Bombawuha III Kaolin deposit. The feasibility study includes but not limited to review and compile the geological, geochemical data and resource estimation made by EMPBC, select state of the art processing technology, mining equipment, market study, environmental and social impact assessment study and others mentioned in the bid document. Hence, Interested bidders must fulfill the following criteria;
- Bidders need to obtain the complete set of bidding documents by paying a non-refundable sum of Birr 500.00 /Five Hundred Birr/ from EMPBC Head Office, Block No. 2 during working hours from (8:30 AM – 6:30 PM / 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM).
- Eligible Bidders are invited to participate either directly or through their duly represented local agents. If a firm is represented by the local agent, the agent shall furnish a letter of representation from the principal and valid Trade License, TIN, VAT, Current Tax Clearance, and Suppliers’ Registration Certificates together with relevant professional practice certificate.
- The amount of Bids security is 2% of the total financial value. The bids security shall be in the original form of unconditional Bank Guarantee or CPO from Commercial Bank of Ethiopia or any other recognized legal bank in Ethiopia. The bid shall remain valid for one-hundred-twenty (120) days after the bid submission deadline.
- The Consultant should prepare and submit Technical and Financial proposals in separate envelopes. The technical proposal must be clear adhering to the time frame defined in the bid document.
- Bids must be signed and submitted in sealed envelope in the tender box prepared by the EMPBC for this purpose before the deadline including anti-bribery pledge form which will be attached with the original copy of the bid documents.
- Bids closing date and time will be on Sep 15, 2022 at 10:00 A.M. (please mark the envelope with the reference number Bid No. EMPBC/ICB/con/ 001/22).
- Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ Representatives, who chose to attend at the
address, date and time indicated in the Bidding documents. (Sep 15,2022 at 10:30)
- EMPBC Reserves the Right to Accept or Reject any or all Bids.
Name: Ethiopian Mineral, Petroleum and Biofuel Corporation (EMPBC) Location: Hayahulet Mazoria, near Awraris Hotel
Office Phone: +251 118 699 842
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia