Ethiopian National Association of the Blind (ENAB) is looking for a consulting firm to provide technical support on implementation of accrual basis IPSAS.
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/27/2022
- Phone Number : 0111111021
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/05/2022
Ethiopian National Association of the Blind
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Ethiopian National Association of the Blind (ENAB) is a non-governmental and non-profit making mass-based organization that was founded on January 1, 1960. The Association’s overall objective is to see that the rights of all blind persons are respected and they enjoy equal opportunity and full participation in the development of the country. Thus, the Association strives for becoming a strong voice of the blind in the planning and implementation of all measures that affect their civil, social, economic and cultural rights. In order to meet the revised reporting requirement using IPSAS, the association is looking for a consulting firm to provide technical support on implementation of accrual basis IPSAS.
- Objective and Scope of Work
2.1. Objective of the assignment
The main objectives of the assignment are:
- To support implementation of accrual basis IPSAS in preparing the annual financial statements of ENAB by providing required technical assistance, detail gap analysis, develop Roadmap for accrual basis IPSAS implementati
- Providing required capacity building and recommending modifications in system/ development, processes and other required changes as deemed necessary.
- To introduce the theory and principles of IPSAS to ENAB’s staf Provide capacity building training to ENAB staff on IPSAS so that trainees will be able to comply to all standard provisions, reporting requirements, reporting schedules, and documentations.
- Developed IPSAS BASED FINANCIAL MANUAL
2.2. Scope of Work
- Develop comprehensive IPSAS implementation materials and finance /accounting policy, financial management manual, guidelines, templates, checklists as required to guide accrual basis for implementation of IPSAS.
- Assist in the adoption process of IPSAS and provide guidance on the preparation of the first financial statements in accordance with IPSAS.
- Prepare and submit accomplishment report to the Management of ENAB.
The consultant should determine the methodology on the provision of the service and plan of the implementation steps. The methodology is expected to provide the proposed details ways or road maps to express the implementation of IPSAS. Details of the methodology proposed by the consultant should be listed in the technical proposal to be submitted.
4.1. Profile of the firm
- General experience: At least 3 years in the field of financial accounting and accounting in the NGO sec
- Specific experience: The consultant must have considerable experience in adopting and implementing IPSAS for a minimum of three years.
- Applicant firms that pass the preliminary eligibility criteria must present their conversion approach to the bid evaluation team of ENAB as part of the technical eva
4.2. Consultant’s team composition
- The team leader must have ACCA/CPA and at least of 5 years’ experience in the field of financial accounting and auditing of which at least 3 years in the NGO industry.
- Team leader and other consultants’ requirements:
- Registered/recognized by Accounting and Audit Board of Ethiopian (AABE) or accrediting institution to provide training on IPSAS.
- Master’s degree in Accounting/MBA with qualified ACCA/CPA, with experience in financial management and 3 years’ experience in the field of financial accounting in the NGO industry.
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in the implementation of IPSAS.
- Have experience in carrying similar assignments (testimonials for similar past work in an NGO setting to be attached with the technical proposal).
- IPSAS profession qualification from accredited professional body.
NB:– CV’s and credentials of team leader and the consulting team shall be attached to the technical proposal.
4.3. Business registration
The consulting firm shall provide the following business documents: –
- Renewed professional license of the principal
- VAT registration certificate
- Renewed trade license
- Profession certificate of key personnel
- Deliverables and Timelines
5.1. Deliverables: –
- Inception Report including broad implementation plan to support accrual basis IPSAS.
- Diagnostic report including Gap Analysis and Roadmap with specific actions, timeline and responsible person/organization.
- A comprehensive training material, Guidelines/Manuals/Templates/ Checklists.
- Finalize the alignment to IPSAS after due consultations and assisting ENAB team in making necessary modifications in policies, procedures, systems etc. as per the Diagnostic report (road map).
- Deliver required trainings.
- Produce accrual base IPSAS financial statements.
- Close-Out Report with summary of activities carried out, lessons learnt and recommendations.
- The consultant is expected to come up with a realistic plan for the entire assignment. The consultant is expected to complete all the tasks on or before December 31 2023.
- Client Service
- The starting date of the training will be planned on agreed upon dates between the client and the consultant
- Evaluation Criteria
- Technical proposal– 70%
- Financial proposal–30%
- Bid Submission
- The bidder shall submit a hard copy of its technical and financial proposal in person to Ethiopian National Association of the Blind Office located around 6 kilo, Behind Yekatit 12 Hospital, besides public Library. You can contact us via Telephone 011 111 10 21
- ENAB has the right to cancel this bid.
- Application date: – within 7 days after the date of this announcement in the working days Morning 8:30 AM-6:30, in the afternoon 1:30PM-5:00PM.