Federal HIV/ AIDS prevention and Control Office (FHAPCO) would like to invite interested national PLHIV Associations
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/27/2021
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/19/2021
Call for Proposal
Federal HIV/ AIDS prevention and Control Office (FHAPCO) has been the Principal recipient for the Global Fund HIV grants in Ethiopia since 2004. As principal recipient, the Office engages various national and local implementing partners to implement Global Fund-financed HIV programs. Currently, FHAPCO is a principal receipient for New Global Fund HIV grant (NFM3) which will be implemented from July 2021 to June 2024. Civil society organizations will be among the implementing entities for the grant. Therefore, FHAPCO would like to invite interested national PLHIV Associations who are working in 10 regions, Addis Ababa City and Dire Dawa Administrations to submit project proposal with a particular focus on providing treatment adherence support.
- Funding Information
The total amount of fund allocated for the intervention area is USD 7,500,000 (Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand) for three years.
- Required Number of Implementer: One national PLHIV association will be selected as national sub-receipient of the Global Fund for this particular intervention.
- Implementation period: The duration of the grant is for 3 (three years) starting from July 01, 2021 to June 30, 2024.
- Fund Disbursement
Right now, no amount of fund is released from the Global Fund Secretriat. With this understanding, the Office makes the call for proposal once for the three years. Any fund disbursement from Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office (PR) to the selected applicant is subject to the release of fund from the Global Fund secretariat.
- Eligibility Criteria
PLHIV associations, which fulfil the following criteria are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be legally registered according to Organization of Civil Societies Proclamation No.1113/2019 of Ethiopia.
- Applicant must submit recommendation letter for similar experience in managing grants and implementing HIV or related health programs
- Applicants who were sub-recipients for the previous Global fund New Funding Model HIV grant & must submit physical performance and Financial status report of the grant
- Applicant must submit the latest audited organisational financial statements or report
- Applicants who were audited by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) must submit a brief report on any recent findings of the Audit,
- Applicant must be national PLHIV association operating in all regions, Addis Ababa City and Dire Dawa Adminstrations.
- Proposal must be submitted based on proposal submission template prepared by the Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office.
- Selection Criteria
Proposal documents will be reviewed and rated based on the following criteria:
- Short and clear background of a proposal;
- Definition of problem based on accurate and updated data and alignment of outlined proposal’s objectives with the grant objectives to solve the problem;
- Proven capacity in terms of governance, human resource management, program management, Financial management and control systems and monitoring and evaluation system;
- Demonstrated experience and management capabilities in implementing treatment adherence activities;
- Alignment of a proposal’s objectives with the objectives of the Global Fund HIV grant work plan and HIV/AIDS national strategic plan (2021-2025) goals, strategies, priorities and scope;
- Contribution of a proposal to the achievements of the set targets indicated in the the Global Fund NFM3 HIV grant Performance Framework;
- Geographic areas to be covered and beneficiaries;
- Clearly articulated activities that are in line with the approved work plan of the grant;
- Detailed activities with detail implementation plan, appropriate budget cost breakdown of activities with proper cost assumptions, timelines and strategies to implement the intervention;
- Clear monitoring and evaluation plan with clear indicators and targets and reporting mechanisms; and
- Program and financial sustainability issue beyond the grant implementation period.
- Proposal Submission Outline
- Background of a proposal must be short and clear.
- A proposal must have clear objectives, which are in line with the grant objectives
- A proposal must have clearly articulated activities that are in line with the approved work plan of the grant
- A proposal must have detailed implementation plan, timelines and clear implementation strategy to implement the proposed activity
- A proposal must have technically sound and complementarities with existing national programs(National HIV/AIDS strategic plan 2021-2025) in support of national policies, priorities and strategies.
- A proposal must have clear monitoring and evaluation plan with clear indicators and targets and reporting mechanisms
- A proposal must have appropriate budget cost breakdown of activities.
- A proposal must have program and financial sustainability strategy.
- Deadline for submission of proposals
Application for call for proposal must be submitted within 21 days of this announcement and late applications will not be accepted. Application must be signed, stamped and dated.
- Place for Submission of Proposals
Application must be hand delivered to Archives and Record Case Team of Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office, Afework Building, 6th floor, Office No. 136.
The following documents need to be attached to the application:
- Project proposal and detailed budget prepared using proposal submission form developed by Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office, which is available at Archives and Record Case Team of the Office.
- Renewed certificate of registration issued by the Agency for Civil Society Organizations
- Physical performance and financial status report of the Global fund New Funding Model grant (for those who were SRs for previous Global Fund grants only )
- The 2012 Ethiopian Fisical year audited organisational financial statements or report.
- A brief report on any recent findings of the Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Recommendation letter for similar experience in implementing treatment adherence programs in particular and HIV programs in general.
- Description of organizational capacity based on the template prepared by FHAPCO.
Federal HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office,
Addis Ababa, Afework Building, 6th floor near to Bambis Supermarket.