FHI 360 Ethiopia Country Office invites quotations for supply of Teff Flour
- Category : Agriculture Farm Products
- Posted Date : 08/27/2021
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/06/2021
FHI 360 ETHIOPIA – PUBLIC TENDER NOTICE
TO PROCURE TEFF FLOUR
Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions in more than 70 countries worldwide, including Ethiopia. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environmental, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology, creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 Ethiopia Country Office invites quotations for supply of Teff Flour from eligible local suppliers with valid and renewed licenses.
TENDER REQUEST SUMMARY
- Supply of 2,480 (Two thousand four hundred eighty) Quintals of White Teff Flour.
- Teff Flour that is White and Grade/Type 2
- Teff Flour that is properly packaged with 50 kilograms (KGs), and ready to be transported.
- Ability to supply all the required 2,480 quintals of Teff Flour not later than 30th September 2021; with at least 50% by 15th September and the rest before 25 September 2021.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF TENDER: Not later than 4:00 PM in the afternoon on 6th September 2021.
Tender Required information – Documents / information that MUST be provided by suppliers
- Name of the company and contact person
- Full address of the company
- Valid business license for 2013 Eth. calendar
- VAT & TIN registration certificate
**Note that suppliers who don’t fulfill these administrative requirements will be disqualified.
- Suppliers are required to submit two separate sealed and signed envelopes:
- Sealed envelope with Price Offer including information stipulated under #2 below.
- Sealed envelope with Supplier Information stipulated under # 3 below.
- Price quotation must include a table with the following information:
- Unit Cost per KG for White Teff Flour, Grade/Type 2
- Total quantity that the supplier is able to supply immediately with total prince quotation.
- Total Cost for 2,480 quintals, inclusive of VAT
- Clearly indicate in writing the inclusion of VAT
- Clearly indicate validity of the proposed cost (Must be valid at least until 30th September 2021)
- Clearly indicate in writing delivery time of ALL required supplies
- Supplier information envelope must include a proposal write-up with the following information:
- Background information
- Full name of the company
- Years of experience
- Background information
- Location of all production/supply sites.
- Production Capacity information
- Description of experience producing large quantities of Teff Flour by including information: largest quantity produced within a given order, list of companies the supplier has worked with to deliver Teff Flour, values of orders received in the past 1-year (in Birr). Include contact information of telephone, contact person and location of the organizations supplied before.
- Willing to provide sample to FHI 360 staff of the Teff before grinding to ensure quality.
- Specify the location (town and region) where the 2,480 quintals of Teff Flour will be produced and supplied. The supply site should be in Addis Ababa or surrounding cities. The required quantity should be supplied at once or within a period of one week.
- Required Documents
- Copy of valid business license; and,
- VAT & Tin registration certificate.
- Suppliers shall write on both of the sealed and signed offer envelopes, full name, address, and phone number
- Any and all duties, taxes, fees or other charges of an official nature levied by the Government of Ethiopia are the sole responsibility of the supplier
* FHI 360 will take all of the 2,480 quintals in one or two phases from the suppliers point of supply. Supplier/s are NOT required to provide transportation service.
The criteria for awarding contracts resulting from this tender is based on the ‘best value’ principle. Proposal will be evaluated on the following criteria.
|Evaluation Criteria||Description||Weight (%)|
|Price competitiveness||Best price offer (Lowest Price)||60%|
|Experience/ Capacity||Supplier’s ability to produce and supply large quantities of Teff Flour||20%|
|Delivery Time||Supplier’s ability to deliver the required quantity within the stipulated timeline||10%|
|Payment Terms||Supplier providing the most favorable terms of payment.||10%|
- Selected supplier must provide a sample Teff and Teff Flour
- FHI 360 is not responsible for any damage that may occur during production
- FHI 360 has the right to reject any of the Teff Flour that it deems to have been damaged/spoiled
- FHI 360 has the right to reject Teff Flour that is not properly packaged as requested
- In case of damage, the selected supplier must replace the damaged Teff Flour with another of equal or higher specifications, within 8 hours.
- FHI 360 has the right to weigh the Teff Flour before receiving the supply, and the supplier shall comply
OTHERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Bid must be submitted in double and in sealed envelope marked:
Procurement of Teff Flour, Full Name of Supplier, Phone Number and must be submitted in-person at Family Health International (FHI360) Ethiopia addressed at: Off-of Cote D’Ivoire St, Baldaras Road, Yeka Sub-City, Woreda 7. For questions, you may call 0913-01-01-37.
- Bid submission date is as of the Announcement of this tender on the newspaper lasting up to 6th September 2021, no later than 4:00pm in the afternoon.
- Following the bids opening, assessment / evaluation will be carried out by FHI360 Procurement Committee.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to select service supplier(s) viewed most suitable. This will not be based on cost alone; quality, ability to produce and supply timely, and others will be considered.
- FHI 360 reserves the right to reject all or part of the tender. FHI 360 reserves the right to select more than one supplier, and /or select only part of the suppliers bid. FHI 360 reserves the right to differ the quantity requested in this bid.
- The present tender request is not an order and does not engage FHI 360 on any Legal ground or financial commitment.