FHI 360 seeks the services of a consultancy to conduct a Social and Behavior Change (SBC) audit to support the USAID-Healthy Behavior (U-HB) Activities.
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/20/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 08/26/2022
Consultancy work for SBC materials audit
Period of performance: – September 1 – October 15/2022
The FHI-360-managed, USAID Healthy Behaviors (U-HB) Activity, with its partners the Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Associations (CCRDA); ActionAid Ethiopia; Zeleman Communications, Advertising, and Production; and Fraym, works to increase sustained adoption of appropriate health and nutrition behaviors in Ethiopia using evidence-based, theory-informed social and behavior change (SBC) strategies. Geographically, U-HB implementation covers Oromia, Amhara, SNNP, Sidama, Benishangul, and Gambelia regions with a total of 126 woredas. U-HB achieves this goal by increasing the adoption of household-level behaviors, increasing demand for health services, and improving the enabling environment for gender equitable and healthy behaviors. This includes contributing to reductions in primarily unmet need for family planning (FP); malaria; and maternal and child mortality. U-HB may also contribute to reductions in malnutrition; water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)-related illness; and emerging infectious diseases (EIDs). Underlying this approach, U-HB advances SBC institution and capacity strengthening strategies to enable a strong Ethiopian SBC system, able to positively engage households and communities to address barriers, leverage assets, and achieve and sustain positive change.
FHI 360 seeks the services of a consultancy to conduct a Social and Behavior Change (SBC) audit to support the USAID-Healthy Behavior (U-HB) Activities. This material audit is expected to collect, identify, and summarize the past 3 years SBC campaigns and activities related to Malaria, Family Planning, Maternal & Child Health, Health Promotion in these focal areas, gender-based violence, gender norms, and social and behavior change-focused capacity strengthening at community and higher level. These includes partners identification, materials, media, campaign evaluations, capacity strengthening materials/tools, research reports, and relevant literature to understand the known barriers and facilitators of priority behaviors in Ethiopia. The task may require regional travel as needed.
Detailed Description of Tasks to be Performed:
- Review U-HB activity documents with technical staff to discuss expectations and develop an SBC audit activity plan. With the consultation of the U-HB team, craft criteria and search parameters for the SBC audit. This includes search methods, partner identification, criteria for SBC materials and campaigns, and a plan for collecting and cataloging relevant materials and those with evaluation results.
- Conduct the SBC audit at federal and implementing regions as per the plan
- Draft the SBC audit report for feedback, and
- Final SBC audit report addressing FHI 360 feedback and comments.
Deliverables/Milestones & Due Dates:
|1. Activity plan for SBC audit||
|2. Identified and interviewed partners, and list of collected SBC materials and best practice associated with well evaluated interventions at community level.|
|3. Draft report||
|4. Final report incorporating FHI 360 feedback and comments|
The Consultant/firm needs to have the following qualifications:
- A consultant/firm who has experience with the SBC-related assessments, and SBC materials development (Malaria, Family planning, and Mother & Child Health are preferred)
- Experienced in social and behavior change intervention
- Experienced with supporting SBC programs strategy development, barrier analysis, and priority behavior identification
- Diverse SBC health thematic areas team composition (Malaria, Family planning, and Mather & Child Health are preferred)
- Familiar with the U-HB implementing regions’ culture and social environment
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Location of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and possible travel to implementing regions
Payment: All payment should be in Ethiopian Birr up on the deliverables.
How to Apply: Proposals must be submitted by August 29, 2022 via email to: Liyouwork Elias firstname.lastname@example.org. with “Consultancy work of SBC materials Audit” in the subject line. If there is a need for clarification about posted work, you need to submit your queries by August 26, 2022 to email email@example.com. The documents to submit include:
- Proposed work plan for this SOW, with activity description and timeline (maximum 3 pages)
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Budget based on this SOW (daily rate of each consultant must be specified)
- Contact information for three references for whom the consultant did similar work
|Evaluation criteria||Points (Max. Total 50)|
|Degree to which the work plan demonstrates a clear, realistic and effective approach to reach the expected objective, based on a profound understanding to the SOW||20|
|Degree to which the consultant possesses the technical knowledge and experience needed to implement the work plan||20|
|Degree to which the references are positive||10|
- Only complete proposals will be evaluated.
Disclaimers and Protection Clauses
- FHI 360 may cancel the solicitation and not award
- FHI 360 may reject any or all responses received
- Issuance of the solicitation does not constitute an award commitment by FHI 360
- FHI 360 reserves the right to disqualify any offer based on failure of the offeror to follow solicitation instructions
- FHI 360 will not compensate any offeror for responding to solicitation
- FHI 360 reserves the right to issue award based on initial evaluation of offers without further discussion
- FHI 360 may choose to award only part of the activities in the solicitation, or issue multiple awards based on the solicitation activities
- FHI 360 reserves the right to waive minor proposal deficiencies that can be corrected prior to award determination to promote competition