Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE) looking for a potential consultant/consultancy firm
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 07/03/2021
- Phone Number : 0118333928
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/16/2021
Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE)
Call for Consultancy
Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (FSCE) previously named as Forum on Street Children-Ethiopia is an indigenous not-for-profit, non-governmental organization established at the end of 1989 by a group of Social development professionals. Currently, FSCE offer a continuum of child focused development works in six Area Program Offices (Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa, Bahirdar, Dessie, Wolaitta-sodo, Arbaminch and Adama) located in two cities namely Addis Ababa and Dire-dawa, and three regional states oromiya, Amhara, & SNNP respectively. FSCE, in its 30 years of service in promoting and implementing child protection work has accumulated an extensive expertise and experience that has helped the organization to evolve into one of the leading local child protection organizations in the country and has enjoyed successful track record of success stories.
This call for consultancy is for undertaking mid-term evaluation for a project entitled “Addressing issues of CSEC, trafficking and OVC through integrated community based child focused development program” under implementation in four woredas (Districts) of Akaki Kality sub city of Addis Ababa with the financial support of KNH (kindernothilfe). Therefore FSCE is looking for a potential consultant/consultancy firm who will undertake Midterm Evaluation of the above project in Addis Ababa.
Qualification and Desirable Competencies
Applications from any teams are welcome and will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Relevant academic degree (master level) in Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, Economics or other relevant field of studies.
- The team leader has carried out at least three similar consultancy contracts around the same core subject areas
- Demonstrable academic and practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodology, evaluation design and implementation.
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills.
- Good understanding on Orphan and vulnerable children situation in Ethiopia and the guidelines of the implementation
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Experience in project cycle management
- Experience and expertise in evaluating cross-cutting issues
- Excellent oral and written English skills (state other language too)
- Sound MS Office skill
Interested evaluators or firms are requested to submit:
- An Expression of Interest detailing their interpretation of the TOR, proposed methodology including work schedule and proposed budget;
- A capability statement demonstrating how they meet the required qualifications and competencies;
- Copies of all relevant Curriculum Vitae (CVs). Only CVs for the specific individuals that will form the proposed evaluation team should be included;
- A sample of an evaluation report for a similar project completed within the last 24 months (this will be treated as confidential and only used for the purposes of quality assurance);
- Two references (including one from your last client/employer).
Timetable Schedule: A total of 45 days is estimated for this assignment following the signing of agreement.
Scope/Coverage: The Midterm evaluation will be conducted in Addis Ababa town.
Delivery address: collect the ToR from Forum on Sustainable Child Empowerment (head office) located Yeka sub city, woreda 9,GurdShola Ten sisters’ building, 5th floor, near to Beshale Hotel next to ‘Ethiopian Athletics Federation, Tel. +251118333928, P.O box, 9562. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia within ten working days starting from the date of announcement.