GIZ Project Invitation For Bid
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 01/14/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/25/2021
Invitation to Bid
Reference No. 83372728
GIZ Project on Strengthening Drought Resilience in Pastoral and Agro-pastoral Areas of Ethiopia” (SDR), would like to invite all interested bidders/consulting firms who are eligible to participate in this open tender, are herewith requested to submit their proposals “To Conduct baseline study in the project intervention zones in Somali Region, analyzing the context of implementation of the Project.”.
Interested bidders who fulfill the following criteria can have the detailed tender documents from the website link https://tender.2merkato.com/tenders/view/228009/featured or request the same detailed tender documents via an email address email@example.com starting from Wednesday, 13th of January 2021, 8:00am.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor
1. Analysis of relevant strategies and policies regarding (agro-)pastoralism, agricultural production, drought resilience and watershed management in Somali Region and on level Woredas South and North in regard to Outcome Indicator 2.1: BoANRD and BoLPD and 2 of 4 target Woredas covering X/Y male/female led households in Somali Region integrate gender-sensitive technical, economic and organisational aspects of the DVR concept into their respective drought resilience strategy papers.
2. Assess the relevant strategies, policies and programs focusing on strengthening drought resilience for the pastoral and agro-pastoral population in the Somali region.
3. Identify and describe local policies regarding watershed management, land and access rights which may be approved or developed integrating gender-sensitive technical, economic and organisational aspects of DVR.
4. Analysis of the spatial and social context of intervention sites and definition of target numbers of indicators 1.1 and 1.2:
5. Estimation of the spatial outreach of significant positive effects of Dry Valley Rehabilitation (DVR) measures as promoted by the project in 4 typical Dry valleys or or intervention areas to be indicated by the project (2 in surroundings of Jijiga, 1 in Erer and 1 in Shinile Woreda).
6. Description and assessment of land use and access rights in the areas affected by expected significant positive impact of DVR concerning agricultural, horticultural and pastoral use. Especially how access to agricultural and horticultural usable land is defined.
7. Description of family structures and households having access to areas with expected positive impact of DVR, including typical household size and composition.
8. Description of typical income sources of women and youth in households.
9. Estimation of number of households concerned by direct positive impact of the DVR measures as promoted by the project in the 4 dry valleys or intervention areas to be studied.
10. Proposition of number of male/female led households to be included in the elaboration of 2 user agreements for DVR to be supported by the project around Jijiga in 2021 to specify target numbers (X/Y) of Outcome Indicator 1.1: 2 user agreements or signed protocols for Dry Valley Rehabilitation (DVR) sites between the woreda level and the communities, involving X/Y male/female led households include details on gender-sensitive livelihood improvement measures and financial and organisational arrangements for maintenance of NRM structures while 1 of these also contain arrangements for the collective use of rehabilitated natural resources.
11. Proposition of the target numbers (X/Y) of the Output Indicator 1.2: In 2 DVR sites at least XX Women and YY Youth generate additional income through newly developed livelihood options based on rehabilitated land and thus contribute to their household income.
12. Evaluation of possibilities of Integration of Internal displaced Persons (IDP) in the project approach. Relevant to Output indicator 1.3: Line bureaus (BoANR & BoLPD) in the SNRS are enabled for informed policy decisions on DVR implementation integrating IDPs that integrate into host communities under the guidelines and operational concept of the DSWG.
13. Description of applied strategies and approaches for integration of IDPs in host communities and livelihood options in Somali region.
14. Assessment of possibilities of Integration of IDPs in the Dry Valley Rehabilitation and Productive Use approach.
Expertise and Qualifications required
1. Master’s degree in rural development, economics, sociology, agriculture or similar area
2. Professional experience
3. At least 6 years’ experience in rural development, especially agricultural and agro-pastoral production systems
4. At least 4 years’ experience with land tenure rights, access to land and related issues including customary rights – preferred, in Somali Region
5. Proven knowledge of elaborating baseline studies in pastoral / agro-pastoral context
Other knowledge, additional competencies
1. Understanding of traditional rural social structures in Somali region is an advantage
2. Excellent skills in speaking and writing in English. Somali language is an advantage
3. Experience with GIZ projects is an asset
4. Computer skills in software application MS-Office.
How to Apply:
All bids must be delivered/submitted physically to the address below at or before 4:00 PM on Monday, 25th of January 2021.
Bidders should submit their Technical and Financial Proposals as per the issued tender document.
The financial offer should list the daily fees charged for this contract, as per GIZ template. The technical offer should include the approach taken by the consulting firm and showcase its previous work in the areas listed above.
GIZ – SDR Programme reserves the right to cancel the bid fully or partly.
The address referred above to submit your Technical and Financial Offers is:
German Development Cooperation
Kirkos Sub City, Kebele 18, Beside Jupiter Hotel,
Kazanchis, Bloom Tower 9th Floor,
P.O.Box 100009 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia