Industrial Parks Development Cooperation- Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) invites interested consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/27/2022
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/09/2022
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR M&E Expert
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia-Industrial Parks Development Corporation.
NAME OF PROJECT: Ethiopia Competitiveness and Job Creation Project
Component 4: Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation
Project ID: P143302, IDA-62630
Procurement Reference: ET-IPDC- 307931- CS-INDV
Assignment Title: M&E Expert (Local recruitment)
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia-Industrial Parks Development Corporation has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ethiopia Competitiveness and Job Creation Project-CJC (P143302).
The Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project under the Industrial Parks Development Corporation, the project implementing agency, intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Expressions of Interest is issued.
Project Development objectives
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to contribute to job creation by attracting investments and improving enterprise competitiveness in the targeted Industrial Parks (IP) and linked domestic enterprises.
The objective of this individual Expert assignment is also to assist the Competitiveness and Job Creation Project in designing an effective Monitoring &Evaluation (M&E) system integrated in the institutional framework established to manage SEZs/IZs, and to support the private investment and business operations therein, with a focus on private sector participation, including public-private partnerships (PPPs). The M&E Expert will work closely with the IPDC, the Project Coordinator, other relevant GoE counterparts, as well as with the World Bank Group (WBG) – both IDA and IFC Advisory teams – in order to develop new tools, processes and systems for monitoring and tracking of the outcome and intermediate indicators. The objective is to establish a fully functional, effective and efficient M&E system for tracking the agreed ME framework that fulfils international best practice standards.
The Scope of the Consultancy Services:
The overall service is to contribute to the objectives and goals of the Ethiopia Competitiveness and Job Creation Project. Therefore, tasks that IPDC-CJC needs to perform on regular and programmed basis to lead the Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project are as follows.
The Major Duties and Responsibilities of the M & E Expert, among others, will include the following:
- Design and establish a standard M & E system that specifies all performance indicators and a timeline for data collection in line with the reporting requirements set out in the project design documents;
- Ensure that the key performance indicators used for the monitoring the project are aligned with the project development objectives;
- Collect and manage baseline data for performance indicators of the project, using the agreed M & E framework;
- Establish the tools, processes and systems. This will require the Expert to work closely with the various implementing agencies (in particular in the Industrial Parks Development Corporation);
- Collect and manage periodic data on the progress for performance indicators of the project, using the standard framework;
- Monitor the progress of the three components of the project and prepare periodic reports, including monthly and annual performance reports as well as ad-hoc reports as may be necessary;
- Identify problems encountered during project implementation and recommend corrective measures in a timely fashion;
- Evaluate project performance against the targets set in the plan and the project development objectives;
- Ensure that project reports as submitted to the appropriate government officials as well as the World Bank on time; Ensure the liaison with the World Bank Team in charge of impact evaluations of the CJC Project;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CJC Project Coordination Office of the CJC Project.
The detailed further information of each task is described in the ToR, which can be obtained upon request.
The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites qualified eligible M&E experts (ICs) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The M&E expert will be selected and engaged on the basis of their qualification for the assignment in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines. The attention of interested Experts/Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- The Monitoring & Evaluation Expert shall have Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Management or related disciplines.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years’ experience,
- Of which at least 2 (two) years should be in monitoring and evaluation operation related to World Bank projects.
- Knowledge and Specific Experience, proficiency in applying World Bank operational procedures and Competencies with excellent communication skills required.
Duration of the assignment/contract
The duration of this assignment/contract shall be 6(six) months.
Location: Industrial Parks Development Cooperation- Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC), Addis Ababa.
The M&E consultant may obtain further information at the address provided below during working days and office hours from 8.30am-12:30pm and 2:00 – 5:00pm local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-5:30am and 2:00- 5:00pm local time on Fridays.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit applications including a CV and Cover Letter via email address: email@example.com and Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand clearly indicating the position title as per the detail indicated in the Request for Expression of Interest on or before Friday 09 September 2022 up to 5:00pm.Local Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation,
Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Unit
Attention: Ato Semere Birhanu – Project Coordinator
Email: email@example.com, cc:firstname.lastname@example.org,
Address: Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite to Kenya Embassy,
Habet Building, Near Bishan Gari Building, 3rd floor, Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.