International IDEA now invites proposals from qualified institutions (firms, organizations) for Cleaning Services
- Category : Cleaning & Janitorial Service
- Posted Date : 01/18/2023
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 02/05/2023
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR DEMOCRACY AND ELECTORAL ASSISTANCE
Tender Reference No: 2022-12-024
Assignment Name: Cleaning Services
Project Name: Addis Office Costs
Deadline for Submissions: Proposals must be submitted on or before 23:59 (CET),5 February 2023. Late submissions will not be considered for evaluation. Address for Submissions: E-mail: [email protected]
This email address is set up with auto-response to acknowledge emails received. In the event that you did not receive an autoreply, please send a text message (NO CALLS, CALLS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED) to this number +46725375735. In your text message, please provide the following:
- Tender reference no. and title
- Email address you used for submission
- Date and Time, you sent your submission (e.g. 01 December 2022, 12:30 CET)
Format for Submissions: Proposals must be submitted by email. Technical and Financial proposals must be submitted in separate files and marked accordingly. Price should not be mentioned in the Technical Proposal.
The following text should be put in the subject field of the email:
Tender No. (insert reference No.) Technical and Financial Proposals – Do not open before 23:59 (CET), 5 February 2023.
Email Address for Clarifications: E-mail: [email protected]
Clarifications may be requested via e-mail no later than 7 days prior to the submission deadline at the above email address. Note a response to a request for clarifications will be issued to all tenderers on our website http://www.idea.int/. Therefore, tenderers are advised to check the website regularly during the process.
Note: there are two different email addresses as outlined above, one to be used for Submission of your final proposal and the second one to be used for clarifications and other related correspondence.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Section 1 General Information
- The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1995, with member states across all continents, which aims to support sustainable democracy world-wide and assist in the development of institutions and the culture of democracy. At the interface between research, fieldwork and the donor community, IDEA provides a forum for dialogue, builds networks of experts, develops training materials and provides strategic advice at international, regional and national level, cooperating with a range of organizations.
- International IDEA now invites proposals from qualified institutions (firms, organizations) for Cleaning Services. The services include cleaning office premises. A detailed description of the assignment is provided in the Terms of Reference attached to this Request for Proposals.
- Tentative timeframe: It is anticipated that the services will commence on 01 April 2023 and they will have to be completed before 31 March 2024.
Section 2 Preparation of Proposals
- Language: The official language for the proposal, contract, reports and any other documents in relation to the assignment is English.
- Required experience: At least ten years in providing outlined services.
- Licence (Government assessment certification). Please note that this is mandatory and proposals that do not include this will not be considered for evaluation.
- The proposal should provide the following information:
- A brief description of the company / organization and an outline of recent experience on assignments of a similar nature;
- The proposed methodology and work plan for performing the assignment, along with any comments or suggestions on the Terms of Reference;
- The list of the proposed staff by title (and name if already identified), the tasks that would be assigned to each staff team member, and their timing, estimates of the total staff input needed to carry out the assignment;
- CVs for the Team Leader and other proposed professional staff, including information on their previous experience in similar assignments;
- The full contact details (name, title, email address, telephone number) of three client references
2.5 A completed and signed declaration of honour form.
(i) See attached Annex D2.1: Please declare Yes or No as provided
(ii) In Section 3, in the absence of conflict of interest, please mark the section “Yes”
2.6 The price broken down in fee (showing unit rates and input) and incidental expenses likely to be incurred.
2.7 The price should be quoted inclusive of all applicable taxes.
2.8 The bidder shall be responsible for their own tax obligations as per the laws of the respective country.
2.9 The assessment of the financial proposal will be based on the price rates/matrix submitted.
Section 3 Submission of Proposals
- Proposals should be submitted in electronic format by e-mail. Technical and Financial Proposals must be submitted in separate files and marked accordingly. The full details on how to submit proposals is under Tender Notice at the beginning of this document.
- Proposals must remain valid for at least 90 days following the deadline for their submission stated under the Tender Notice. During this period, the service providers are expected to keep available the professional staff proposed for the assignment. In the event there should be any unexpected delays, International IDEA will treat proposals as valid until the tender process and evaluation of proposals has been completed.
- Please note:
(i) Section 2.3 is a mandatory requirement and those who submit these files will pass to the next stage which is the technical evaluation.
(ii) Please submit 2.4 i to v in separate documents with label i, ii, iii, iv, and v under your technical submission.
(iii) Please submit 2.5, Declaration of Honour Form in separate file.
Section 4 Evaluation of Proposals
4.1 The proposals will be evaluated and scored against the following technical criteria with respective corresponding weights:
- General qualifications, company profile and specific experience in providing cleaning services (maximum 30 points);
- 2 points for each year of experience (maximum 20 points).
- Experience working with diplomatic missions / international organisations (maximum 10 points).
- Adequacy of proposed methodology and workplan in response to the terms of reference (maximum 20 points);
- Proposed workplan (maximum 10 points).
- Proposed guidelines and systems to be implemented (maximum 10 points).
- Qualifications and experience of the key staff proposed to perform the assignment (maximum 30 points);
- Experienced staff members with appropriate training (maximum 30 points). Interview with the proposed teams (maximum 20 points).
- Workplan presentation (10 points).
- Questions and answers (10 points).
- The maximum technical score (T) is 100 points.
- The minimum passing score is 60 points.
- The bidder who passes the minimum scoring will move forward to the financial evaluation.
- The financial proposals will be verified and, if necessary, adjustments will be made to the prices to ensure consistency with the technical proposals in terms of work input and to eliminate arithmetical errors.
- The corrected prices will then be converted to the currency of evaluation to obtain the evaluation price (E). The exchange rate is the IDEA monthly exchange rate.
- The currency used for evaluation is EURO.
- The financial scores (F) will be computed as follows:
The lowest evaluation price proposal (Em) will be given a financial score (Fm) of 100 points.
The financial scores of the other proposals will be computed applying the formula:
F = 100 x Em/E, where: Em is the lowest evaluation price, and
E is the evaluation price of the proposal under consideration.
Consolidated Technical and Financial Score:
- The final consolidated scores (S) will be computed by applying the formula:
S = t x T + f x F, where: t is the weight given to the technical score
f is the weight given to the financial score
- The weights given to the technical and financial scores are:
t = 60%
f = 40%
- The consultant ranked highest will be invited to negotiate the contract and if negotiations are successful the selected consultant will be awarded the contract. Should the negotiations fail; the second ranked consultant will be invited to negotiations.
- International IDEA reserves the right during the negotiation stage to vary at the time of award of contract, the quantity of services and/or goods, or scope of work by up to a maximum of twenty-five per cent (25%) of the original TOR. This negotiation will not permit any changes to unit fee rates or other terms and conditions outlined in the tender proposal.
- International IDEA reserves the right to directly award a follow up contract to the contractor selected for the tender to carry out potential future work related to this initial assignment. This will depend on satisfactory delivery of the tender assignment.
Section 5 Final Considerations
5.1. International IDEA will not be bound to select any of the proposals.
- The following documents are enclosed with this Request for Proposals:
Terms of Reference
Declaration of Honour Form
Contract general terms and conditions
- Further information on International IDEA may be found on our website http://www.idea.int/
- Both the successful and unsuccessful bidders will be notified in writing following the completion of the evaluation and contract award process.
Complaints regarding any aspect of the tender process should be addressed in writing to both the Internal Auditor and the Executive Director at International IDEA. The address is [email protected]
Please refer to the link below to access the tender documents and for more detailed information: