IntraHealth is seeking a reputable audit firm to conduct an objective external financial audit of the organization’s financial transactions
- Category : Auditing Related
- Posted Date : 08/20/2022
- E-mail : ET-Procurement@intrahealth.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 08/31/2022
IntraHealth International Inc.
Ethiopia Country Office
Request for Proposal: 2 CFR 200 Audit
IntraHealth International is a US-based organization and has worked over the last 40 years in over 100 countries, in partnership with governments and local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their work.
IntraHealth International is a sub partner to AMREF Health Africa implementing a five-year (2017-2022), USAID funded Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health and Family Planning (MNCH/FP) program called Transform – Health in Developing Regions (HDR) in Ethiopia. The aim of this project is to end preventable child and maternal deaths in four developing regions of Ethiopia: Afar, Benishangul – Gumuz, Gambella and Somali. It will focus on increasing access to integrated quality, high impact MNCH-FP services at the facility and community levels, strengthen health systems to provide quality MNCH/FP services; improving health seeking behavior enhanced by reduced gender inequalities and improve strategic information for evidence-based decision making and program learning.
IntraHealth is seeking a reputable audit firm to conduct an objective external financial audit of the organization’s financial transactions for the period ending June 30, 2022.
- Objectives of the assignment
- Conduct an audit of IntraHealth Ethiopia Office for the period from July 1, 2021, ending June 30, 2022.
- The financial audit shall be performed in compliance with:
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- U.S. Government Auditing Standards
- The statutory requirements of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- Audit requirements of Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance)
- Contracting Firm
The contractor will be expected to carry out the following:
- Conduct an audit of the IntraHealth International (Ethiopia) as per the objectives and provide assurance on a complete set of financial statements for all costs incurred in the IntraHealth International (Ethiopia), including the opinion and notes. The financial statements will be in English, and in both U.S. Dollars and Ethiopian Birr, and should include the following:
- Opinion on the basic financial statements taken as a whole.
- Statement of financial position (balance sheet) as of June 30, 2022 (Please provide a breakdown of all types of accrued employee benefits).
- Statement of activities and change in net assets (statement of revenue and expenses and changes in fund balances) for the year ended June 30, 2022.
- Statement of cash flows for the year ended June 30, 2022.
- All appropriate notes to the financial statements.
- The revenue, expenses and change in net assets in the audited financial statements should be prepared by cost center. In addition, if applicable, please also complete footnotes by cost center; and
- Management Letter, including the status of all prior year comments, if applicable.
- A comfort letter on IntraHealth’s compliance with the terms/conditions/restrictions or requirements specified by the grants or contracts.
- IntraHealth Ethiopia Country Office
- Will provide all required documentation to facilitate the audit
- IntraHealth International’s Department of Risk Management and Compliance will review the audited financial statements prior to finalization by the contracting firm.
- Required skills and competencies
- Professional accountancy qualification, CPA, or ACCA
- Extensive experience in auditing of USG funds
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethics
- Available and duly qualified team to undertake the assignment with the required level of accuracy, detail, and diligence
- Ability to deliver within a short turnaround
- Registered audit / accountancy firm with a valid practicing certificate
- Certified by the Accounting and Audit Board of Ethiopia
- Requirements from contractor
- A technical proposal and a financial proposal
- Company Profile: Company Name, year and country of incorporation; copies of valid tax compliance certification, PIN certificate and Certificate of Incorporation; Locations of offices, contact Information; Principal activities (Auditing, Accounting, etc.).
- Experience and Interest: General Information concerning Standard Products and/or Services; Brief Description of Relevant Completed Projects; Brief Description of Project Work in Process; names and CVs of key personnel demonstrating technical capability to undertake this assignment
- Client Lists: List of Major Clients; List of Clients in the financial or similar sector, supported by recommendation from at least three (3) major relevant clients. Please include the following for each reference: organization, contact name, title, phone number, email address, years as a client, and scope of services provided. Also include the names of the assigned partner and manager.
Submission of Proposals:
Submit original Technical and Financial pdf format proposals mailed to the following address to
Location and Period of field work:
The audit will be performed from IntraHealth Ethiopia Office
Regardless of the period of the field work, IntraHealth expect to receive the final reports no later than October 31, 2022
Questions and Results of the selection:
The results of the selection will be communicated no later than September 9, 2022, to enable the field work to begin as soon as possible.