MELCA-Ethiopia Urgent Call for Consultancy Service for Socio-economic Survey
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 06/05/2021
- Phone Number : 0115507172
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/18/2021
Urgent Call for Consultancy Service for Socio-economic Survey
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making local organization founded in 2004. The organization re-registered with the Agency for CSO on the 14th of Nov. 2019 in accordance with the CSO proclamation No. 1113/2019 and having a registration no. of 0048. The Organization has a vision to see healthy and prosperous people, who preserve their bio-cultural diversity, and its mission is focused on working for healthy ecosystems, resilient communities, and critical young generation through developing and institutionalizing innovative approaches and experiences. Its core values integration of culture and environment, traditional and scientific knowledge systems, inter-generational learning, celebrating diversity and ensuring equity.
- Objective of the assignment
The objective of the consultancy is to conduct socio-economic survey to set a baseline for a new project entitled “Enhancing the Resilience Capacity of Small holder Farmers of Gindeberet through Promoting Agro-ecological Practices and Market Access”. The survey finding is expected to provide MELCA-Ethiopia with reliable data on target area community agricultural practice, specifically related to seed system, agricultural production and marketing system as well as livelihood patterns and natural resources conservation.
- Applicants are required to meet the following:
- Be legally registered and have a renewed license for the current fiscal year,
- Have a successful track record of handling similar tasks,
- Capable of commanding sufficient number of competent experts in the fields of the assignment,
- Availing of competent female expert has advantage in the selection process.
- Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit schedule for undertaking the task.
- Location of the Assignment: The data will be collected from Gindeberet woreda, Oromia regional state.
- How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head Office in 5 working days, from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00 PM, starting from the date of publication of this advertisement and shall be required to submit the quotation within 10 days of the announcement on the newspaper. The proposal should clearly mark technical and financial proposal separately in person with WAX SEALED ENVELOP with “Original” and “Copy” of the quote to MELCA-Ethiopia Office until 18 June 2021, before 5:00 P.M and late quotes shall not be considered.
MELCA-Ethiopia’s office is located near to the Main Post Office, Kedane Beyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Lideta Sub-City,Woreda 9, Kebele 53, Telephone +251 (0) 11 5 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 11 5 54 45 54.
MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids.