MELCA-Ethiopia wishes to invite competent firm or individual Consultants
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 07/09/2021
- Phone Number : 0115507172
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/16/2021
Call for Consultancy Service for the preparation of Agro ecology program document and operational procedure (Re-advertisement)
Movement for Ecological Learning and Community Action (MELCA-Ethiopia) is a non-governmental, non-profit making indigenous organization founded in 2004. The organization recently re-registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations on the 14th of November 2019 in accordance with Civil Society Organizations proclamation No. 1113/2019 having a registration number of 0348. MELCA-Ethiopia operates in 7 project offices in 5 regional states (Oromia, SNNPR, Amhara, Benishangul-Gumuz and Gembella Peoples Regional States).The organization has a vision to see healthy and prosperous people, who preserve their bio-cultural diversity, and the mission is focused on working for healthy ecosystems, resilient communities, and critical young generation through developing and institutionalizing innovative approaches and experiences. Its core values include integration of culture and environment, traditional and scientific knowledge system, intergenerational learning and celebrating diversity. To realize its vision, MELCA-Ethiopia focuses on implementing four core programs, namely Environmental Governance, Agro-ecology, Children and Youth Empowerment, and Eco-friendly Livelihoods Improvement Schemes, all of which are employing gender as a cross cutting subject.
Accordingly, as part of its institutional capacity effort MELCA-Ethiopia recently embarked in the development of a program documents that provides strategic guidance and standard working procedure for its programs. To this end, we have obtained a financial support from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation and Bread for the World. MELCA-Ethiopia, therefore wishes to invite competent firm or individual professional to participate in the bid process for the preparation of the Agroecology strategic program document and standard operating procedure.
- Objective of the assignment
The objective of this consultancy is to develop the preparation of the Agroecology strategic program document and standard operating procedure of MELCA for the period 2021 to 2025 including a detailed operational plan and training of staff.
- Applicants are required to meet the following:
- Be legally registered and have a renewed license for the current fiscal year,
- If a freelance consultant have a successful track record of handling similar tasks and professional expertise in the area of the subject,
- Capable of commanding sufficient number of competent experts in the fields of the assignment,
- Availing of competent female expert has advantage in the selection process.
- Duration of the Assignment: The consultant needs to prepare and submit schedule for undertaking the task.
- Location of the Assignment: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.- With possible field trip to selected project sites.
- How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to collect the ToR from MELCA-Ethiopia’s Head Office in 5 working days, from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00 PM and to submit the proposals within 10 days of the announcement of this call. The proposals should clearly marked technical and financial proposal and submit separately in person with WAX SEALED ENVELOP with “Original” and “Copy” of the quote to MELCA Office, before 5:00 P.M.
MELCA’s office is located beside the Main Post Office, in Kedane Beyene Building, 1st floor, Room No 903/6, Lideta Sub-City Woreda 53, Telephone +251 (0) 115 50 71 72 or +251 (0) 115 54 45 54.
MELCA-Ethiopia reserves the right to reject any or all bids.