Mercy Corps Ethiopia is planning to implement cash transfer activities
- Category : Financial Consultancy
- Posted Date : 07/17/2022
- Phone Number : 0111110777
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 07/30/2022
Request for Proposal for cash transfer service
No. MSA 015/2022
Mercy Corps (MC) is an international NGO with headquarters in Europe and the US and programs in over 40 countries across the globe. MC has been operational in Ethiopia since 2004 and has strategic emphasis on market-driven solutions, reinforcing social bonds and helping communities build resilience to withstand crisis, adapt to change and meet the diverse needs of people.
Mercy Corps Ethiopia is currently implementing different development and emergency responses programs with a focus on building resilience capacities of households, markets, and governance institutions primarily across districts of Somali, Afar and Oromia regions.
Multiple crises are currently impacting Ethiopia and Mercy Corps target areas, including conflict, drought and the food price crises triggered by different reasons. This has devastated household purchasing power and is impacting the ability of businesses to operate effectively.
To respond to this situation, Mercy Corps is planning to implement cash transfer activities to support households to maintain purchasing power and to enterprises to enable them to sustain their operations.
The purpose of this RFA is to set up master service agreement with prospective financial service providers who have the willingness, interest, capacity and experience to engage in the implementation of cash transfer activities for enterprise groups and households across Mercy Corps Ethiopia programs.
This Request for applications has two separate categories of cash transfer response intervention areas to be implemented by financial service providers (FSPs)
Household Cash transfer: this intervention intends to directly reach female and male member of households who have lost income due to crises and whose purchasing power is highly affected due to lack of disposable cash at hand to spend to buy basic food items
Stimulus package for Enterprises: Under this intervention, Mercy Corps intends to mitigate the economic shock affecting enterprises to help them maintain operations in the face of an extremely challenging operating environment.
The specific objectives of the call for applications is:
- To identify Financial Services Providers (FSP) that are willing and capable to collaborate with Mercy Corps to implement cash transfer activities in the above mentioned two categories i.e. Cash transfer for HHs and cash transfers for enterprises
- To identify financial institutions that have Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) to carry out inclusive cash transfer programs across different regions (including digital cash transfers)
- To identify FSPs that are committed to provided improved, diversified, and inclusive financial products and services to pastoral and agro-pastoral community with focus on women and youth
Thus, potential financial service providers are invited to submit technical and financial proposal.
- Being an eligible business under the Ethiopian laws and regulations; and attach renewed Business license.
- Being in good standing with any Ethiopian taxation or legal authority; and which can submit Value Added Tax (VAT) registration and Tax Identification Number (TIN) certificate.
- Having a satisfactory record of performance and business ethics based on information available to Mercy Corps and please refer the tender package for further information.
- To be considered, bidders should collect the bid document from Mercy corps Addis Ababa office address mentioned below as of 18th July 2022 8:00am
- Detailed technical and financial proposal (separately) should be submitted to
- Mercy corps Addis Ababa office till 30th July 2022 5:00 pm EAT and proposals sent after this date will not be considered.
- Please complete and send the tender package together with the proposal.
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject the bid fully or partially and see the details in the bid document.
Google map https://goo.gl/maps/QkiPDkpoCwZP57fx5